Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ 75B Omega? Yay or nay?

optimator

My buddy that owns a pawnshop just got one of these in. It's like new, I can get it for $425 out the door. I know I should (and probably will) buy it just because. But from what I've been reading is you cant do much with the Omega triggers. A lot of what I've read is a few years old though. Can these CZ's be improved at all? I shoot 3 gun if that matters at all.

My buddy that owns a pawnshop just got one of these in. It's like new, I can get it for $425 out the door. I know I should (and probably will) buy it just because. But from what I've been reading is you cant do much with the Omega triggers. A lot of what I've read is a few years old though. Can these CZ's be improved at all? I shoot 3 gun if that matters at all.

I was also under the impression that the Omegas had very little parts support until i read this. This details the CGW parts compatibility with the 75 Omega pistol.

CGW 75 Omega Steel Frame Parts compatibility.

"The Omega system is much like the "classic" lock work, i.e. virtually all parts will interchange. But the 75B/0 metal framed guns do vary slightly from the P-07/09:

1) The slide only in the 75B/O uses the exact same parts as the classic series, i.e. firing pin, FP spring, barrel, sights, recoil spring, etc.

2) 75B/O grip frame uses the exact same hammer spring rates as the classic 75 models

3) Lock work parts in the 75B/O will interchange with the P-07/09 perfectly. The only caveat is the roller, which is different in the 75B/O. Our rollers will not fit the 75B/O."

Sorce Link: http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=79658.msg580117#msg580117

So with some GGW 75 parts and some CGW P-series parts the Omega is moddable. This is the way i understand it, i would confirm with CGW.

Edited by Tok36

Omega metal frame guns clean up pretty nice.

can't get the short reset as nice, but overall action is pretty good.

We have done quite a few, and all have been nice

We've had an Omega in the battery for 4-5 years now. It's been my teenage son's primary handgun. He will be shooting it in a PGPFT class this Friday.

I have a love/hate relationship with it. I love the ergonomics and pointability! I hate the recurve trigger along with all its take-up, and the limited after market support when compared to the classic 75 series. I have not looked too hard, but I also wish there was a wider safety available for it. It seems like it would be easy to dump the cost of the gun into mods, and still have an Omega.

Now that I have a 75 Accu Shadow Lite, I'm considering to liquidating the Omega when he goes off to college.

Our Omega did have to go back to CZ-USA for a warranty repair. From the first mag out of the box, the trigger wouldn't reset. Apparently a known issue with some mags knocking a spring loose. With the spring properly staked down, it's been 100% reliable ever since.

The factory plastic grips cracked in short order and it's been wearing CZ rubber grips since. We replaced the sights with 1mm FO front and CZ75 Tactical fixed rear.

Edited by MTGlass

I went down Monday to get it. Since it was sold to a pawn shop, it has to be held for 14 days before they can sell it. So it'll be next week before I can get it. I already have a SP-01 Tactical & a PCR. This one will fit right in. I love my CZ's.

• 4 years later...

I love my Omega. I payed $425 for mine a couple of years ago. Put on fiber optic sights from Cajun gunworks and a 14lb recoil spring oh yea and some VZ grips. The thing shoots fantastic have put at least 2000 rds. thru it not 1 issue. For that price I'd buy it.