Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

300 blackout

tires2burn

I'm starting to load some 300 BO and have the cases trimmed and am ready to debur. The question is will my rotary tumbler with ss pins take off the case mouth burrs? When I loaded 223 in the past I always debured by hand. Anybody tried this yet?

Since 300aac is not really a precision round, the tumbler will take off enough for what you are doing. The edge will round off enough to not scratch up the ogive while seating. I only trim and debur my long range stuff for that extra half MOA.

Since 300aac is not really a precision round, the tumbler will take off enough for what you are doing. The edge will round off enough to not scratch up the ogive while seating. I only trim and debur my long range stuff for that extra half MOA.

Since 300aac is not really a precision round...

Out of the right barrel (and the rest put together right) it will do sub-MOA, at least with good supersonic loads - within reasonable distances for its velocity

Edited by perttime

Since 300aac is not really a precision round...

Out of the right barrel (and the rest put together right) it will do sub-MOA, at least with good supersonic loads - within reasonable distances for its velocity

You are right. With the right build, the right loads, with glass and in the right hands, sub MOA can be achieved. But from a round designed for suppressed SBR's who cares? If you really wanted a rifle for precision shooting at distance, 300aac is the wrong choice. For what the round was designed for, 2moa is plenty accurate. The barrel twist in most 300 barrels is wrong for the fast stuff, you might want to reach out with and the subsonics have such a wicked arc, they are the way wrong choice for targets any further than 150-200yds.