Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fiber optic rear sight for XDM 5.25

Zoomy

I cannot seem to find a manufacturer that makes a fiber optic adjustable rear sight for a XDM 5.25. They are available for the standard XDM but since the 5.25 does not use a standard dove tail nobody seems to have offered one yet. Does anyone know of a manufacturer that offers this sight?

• 3 weeks later...

I had a buddy of mine drill out the rear sight so that I could insert fiber optic rods. Just be careful when taking the rear sight off. There is a small detent and spring that like to shoot out of the sight.

I had a buddy of mine drill out the rear sight so that I could insert fiber optic rods. Just be careful when taking the rear sight off. There is a small detent and spring that like to shoot out of the sight.

Yup I kept my thumb over it. Also found out the pin was broken in the middle. Replaced it with a .081 dia. X .75 long dowel pin.

No one makes a fiber optic rear because no one wants one. Why do you want your eye drawn to the rear sight? If you haven't shot black rear, fiber front... Try it. You won't go back.

The rear sight is there to provide a frame with which to align the shiny fiber on the front sight quickly and subconsciously.

No one makes a fiber optic rear because no one wants one. Why do you want your eye drawn to the rear sight? If you haven't shot black rear, fiber front... Try it. You won't go back.

The rear sight is there to provide a frame with which to align the shiny fiber on the front sight quickly and subconsciously.

Totally agree. This is my wife's gun. I tried to explain to her the importance of the front sight but she insists that she needs a vertical alignment reference between the rear and front sight. We will see if it helps. I doubt it.