Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

No More Club Shooting

I thought the "Retards are Us" line clearly marked the post as the presumptive thought process of match slackers, sorry to get the dander up. Laziness is bogus no matter where encountered. I'm still going to remain haughtily aloof, though...that's my trademark! B)

PS-The last sentence was a joke. It was only a joke. Had it not been a joke, it would have been posted in the Gold Star Member Only forum. The Gold Star Member Only forum referrences a joke from a previous post, such a forum does not actually exist. If the Gold Star Member Only forum actually existed, I doubt I would be granted admission. I'll be quiet now.

I thought the "Retards are Us" line clearly marked the post as the presumptive thought process of match slackers, sorry to get the dander up.  Laziness is bogus no matter where encountered.  I'm still going to remain haughtily aloof, though...that's my trademark! B)

PS-The last sentence was a joke.  It was only a joke.  Had it not been a joke, it would have been posted in the Gold Star Member Only forum.  The Gold Star Member Only forum referrences a joke from a previous post, such a forum does not actually exist.  If the Gold Star Member Only forum actually existed, I doubt I would be granted admission.  I'll be quiet now.

I got it. Thought is was well done!!!

You know, there will always be those that show up early to set up and those that don't.  The early birds need to learn to sit back and drink pina colodas while the late risers do 100% of the teardown and cleanup after the match.  I always see the early birds working just as hard after the match as before.  I wish they'd realize that once the last shot is fired, it's their time to relax.

And, as Eric says, if a guy can only contribute by helping clean up after the match, don't make him feel like a 2nd class citizen because he wasn't there at 7:30am. Remember, you old guys, some of us younger guys (under 50) actually sleep more than 4 hours per night. :D

Remember to be careful of the "Martyr" and "I want it done right, so I have to do it myself" and "these are my toys so keep your hands off" syndromes. In the short time that I ran a club (before the range burned) I talked to a few folks about helping. They said that when they visited other clubs they felt one of the above vibes from the regulars and thought it was better if they just stayed out of the way.

My point is - aside from the obvious like pasting & resetting stages, people often don't understand what they can do to help. As an MD think more like a manager - delegate tasks, instead of running around with the "I'm too busy to talk" look on your face and you'll get more help.

Whoa, some of you shoot for free? Heck I get to build the props, maintain the range, maintain the equipment, do the stats, set up, tear down, fund new purchases out of pocket until the club gets the money to pay me back, and I don't get to shoot for free. :unsure:

Now I am pissed. :angry: