Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

lightwight BCG help

xagent

I have a steel light wight BCG on the way. I have a 18" stag arms rifle length gas system, JP adjustable gas block, decent muzzle brake, standard carbine buffer with a JP spring in the tube. I'm concerned that after adjusting the gas block that I will have to change the buffer and maybe a titanium firing pin for reliability. Does anybody have a similar setup and have any recommendations for me?

My limited rifle is a JP CTR-02, 18" rifle gas, adjustable gas block, JP LMOS carrier and buffer. I am running a rifle length stock and buffer. I ran it for a while with a steel firing pin (the one that it came with) and had no issues, but I switched to a titanium firing pin just for peace of mind (just to reduce the risk of a slam fire). I don't know what the folks with carbine length buffer tubes are doing.

Hurley

I have a steel light wight BCG on the way. I have a 18" stag arms rifle length gas system, JP adjustable gas block, decent muzzle brake, standard carbine buffer with a JP spring in the tube. I'm concerned that after adjusting the gas block that I will have to change the buffer and maybe a titanium firing pin for reliability. Does anybody have a similar setup and have any recommendations for me?

Adjust the gas block until your rifle locked back on empty mag and then open it a little to ensure reliability, then leave it alone. You don't need to change buffer unless that's what you want to do. You don't need ti firing pin unless your extracted live chambered round has a significant dimple from the steel pin's inertia.

Edited by PacMan