Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ armorers video?

MrTuna

I hope that this is the right place to ask. Where can I find an armorers video or instructions on how to modify CZs?

Sent from my bunker in the desert using Tapatalk

I'm not aware of an armorer's video. But-like most things, YouTube has lots of how to videos for the CZ platform. Combine those with the info here and on the CZ forum and all or nearly all topics are covered.

Thanks a bunch! The picture tutorials look great! I didn't know where to look so thanks for the link!

I'm not aware of an armorer's video. But-like most things, YouTube has lots of how to videos for the CZ platform. Combine those with the info here and on the CZ forum and all or nearly all topics are covered.

My unsolicited $0.02.

There are only a few gotchas I've found with CZs:

- The trigger return spring can launch itself into low earth orbit. You need a pin (use a #9 or make your own) to hold the spring in the trigger when it's being reinstalled.

- The other springs (except for the main and recoil springs) are small and easy to lose if not careful.

- The hammer retaining pin is slightly longer than the other pins.

I suggest picking up a spare trigger return spring, #9 pin, and maybe a safety detent spring and sear spring (if you lose springs easily).

Pretty much everything is just reverse of removal.

If you want a nice trigger buy the CZ competition hammer and a lighter main spring and polish per Kneeling Atlas's recommendations. Don't get caught up in the trend of chasing the shortest reset and lightest possible DA trigger pull.

Remove the extractor and clean the muck behind it every 5000 rounds or so. Change the trigger, recoil and maybe the main spring once a year.

Have fun!

Edited by blind bat

My unsolicited $0.02.

- The trigger return spring can launch itself into low earth orbit. You need a pin (use a #9 or make your own) to hold the spring in the trigger when it's being reinstalled.

- The other springs (except for the main and recoil springs) are small and easy to lose if not careful.

I suggest picking up a spare trigger return spring, #9 pin, and maybe a safety detent spring and sear spring (if you lose springs easily).

If you want a nice trigger buy the CZ competition hammer and a lighter main spring and polish per Kneeling Atlas's recommendations. Don't get caught up in the trend of chasing the shortest reset and lightest possible DA trigger pull.

Remove the extractor and clean the muck behind it every 5000 rounds or so. Change the trigger, recoil and maybe the main spring once a year.

Have fun!

Thanks for the tips! I have started disassembling parts with springs that launch in a bag if possible. I have gotten real good with my classic P Series Sigs but the CZ 75 design looks more challenging.

My unsolicited $0.02.

Have fun!

Thanks for the tips! I have started disassembling parts with springs that launch in a bag if possible. I have gotten real good with my classic P Series Sigs but the CZ 75 design looks more challenging.

Easier than it appears to be for sure. Once you finely get one apart much of the mystery falls away.