Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide locking cutout wear

I was wondering if attached picture displays normal wear on the locking cut outs in the slide of my Stock II Xtreme. You can see that the sharp edges are being rounded.

Is this normal wear or break-in wear or will this get worse with possible stability of locking issues with the barrel? If so how can I avoid this rounding of the cutouts?

The barrel lugs look rather good.

post-57136-0-37271900-1463811593_thumb.j

post-57136-0-95850400-1463811648_thumb.j

No that is peening not just surface wear. Looks like they didn't fit the barrel correctly so it is damaging the lugs.

I would send it back to EAA, or Tanfoglio depending on where you live.

Edited by MrPostman

Yes agree with postman. It's peening the lugs. That is caused by poor barrel fit at the lugs and/or the timing is out.

The only 2 options are warranty repair from eaa/tanfog or buy a new barrel and have it properly fired (assuming the lugs slots in the slide aren't too far gone to be cleaned up).

• 1 year later...

Necropost, but just found this.  On my old 2000-vintage Witness Wonderfinish, my barrel lugs are peened pretty good, but the lugs in the slide are pristine.  Gun has over 10,000 through it and still shoots well.

Poor barrel fit.

this is a 2 min fix with correct tools and knowledge.

clean the gun fully - no oil and with the slide on a table upside dow slide the barrel in slowly by hand and feel when and where it rubs.

use a sharpie to paint the areas.

Hard to tell by pics but the barrel seems to be culprit.