Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Production Holster, Mag Pouch & Belt Questions

Mike62

I have been shooting USPSA for years with a standard belt, Bladetech Pro Series mag pouches and Bladetech holster. I won a gift certificate and decided to order a Double Alpha Belt. The belt came in and my holster doesn't fit on the belt without bending the plastic and the mag pouches are near impossible to get on using the tek-lock attachments. I use the same items for IDPA so I am starting to think I should just buy a new holster and perhaps mag pouches unless there is some magic here that I may be missing. Any advice would be appreciated.

DAA belts are slightly oversized. That's why I don't use them. I would rather use a CR speed or Shooters Connection belt. Things go on much easier and you can use small patches of Velcro on pouches holster etc to lock things down.

If you do a search here you will find all kinds of tips and tricks for how to get stuff on the DAA belt.

It can be done but it's a PITA.

The double belt set ups are really designed to put your gear on once and then leave it there, not take it on and off each time. I use CR Speed belts, but as I understand it the DAA belts are made that way so once you put your gear on it doesn't move, so might be a pain to get on, but you're only supposed to do that once.

If this is the design I guess I am okay with it. I will probably buy a second holster so I do not have to switch back and forth. I was concerned that the Tek Lok would break due to stress over time. Does anyone have experience with Tek Lok on the DAA belt? I tried to search but I really didn't find anything that helped.

I use tek lok pouches on my DAA Pro belt. They move a smidge on my CR Speed belt. But solid on th DAA Pro without meing impossible to install. I believe the regular DAA belt is stiffer/thicker than the pro however.