Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Premier Revolver Match for 2016

Looks like this year's IRC will again be the place to be for revolver competition. With 131 signed up in just 7 days from the opening of registration. I think this goes to show that a stand alone Revolver match whether it be the IRC or USPSA Revolver Nationals can draw the number of shooters when held by themselves.

I myself could not attend the Revolver Nationals this year due to medical reasons but even with me there total count would only be 89.

To me that is a sad showing for a national match and I do believe the turn out and declining numbers are due to the piggybacking on the SS Nationals and being held on Mother's Day. Run this as a stand alone Nationals, a 2 to 3 day format, not coinciding with any other national matches and I truly believe that the numbers would go up and have as many shooter's as the IRC.

This is just one man's opinion and I have been known to be wrong before but given what the IRC has done year after year for the last 25 years and is still going strong it seems like they are doing something right.

I'm not going to any matches this year for personal reasons, all good though. But my guess is the Revolver Nationals lower turnout may well be due the the fact prizes are no longer picked after the SS Nats. They're done each day. Probably accounts for maybe a dozen or so Friday Shooters not staying over.

I would love to have shot the USPSA nationals, and I would also love to shoot the MCC, but I am spending most of the resources I can afford to shoot the IRC this year since I don't know when it will be this close to me again (and the baby boy is expensive). That being said, I shoot a clipped 686. USPSA really doesn't have a place where that gun fits, but I would still shoot it because it'd be fun to shoot, but in no way competitive for the division.