Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA Witness EGT Open 9mm info?

VR4154

Originally close. The spring goes into the cavity but the bullets wouldn't. So the 170 got the same as the 140.

Working on enlarging it and still having grip on the mag. No wobble.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Excellent, that's what we need, guys trying to develop products for us Tanfo people, maybe help level the playing field a little. Keep going Open1215, we need you.

The only other alternative we have is to get USPSA to level the playing field and institute a 28 round limit rule in open division. :goof: . LMAO we know that's not going to happen. ( and we have enough rules already )

So for now the 2011 has the slight advantage in the magazine department.

But I have faith in you Open1215. Get Ur Done.

Edited by gunnit

I have a plan for my own follower as well but I will need a 3d printer. Or make it out of aluminum as well... It's all secret squirrel project at the moment. Lol

Whatever your doing just keep it going.

It will be a hot item for us Tanfo open guys.

If you get stuck on something, just sit back, have a few beers, and the answer might present itself.

It's what works for me, but I probably shouldn't recommend it to others. Good luck.

Thank you. I appreciate the encouragement! I'm going to keep cracking at it. Its only fair us tanfo lol have them too. Lol I have said this every month since December but hopefully this next one will work as a prototype

Make it work.

It's going to work.

It will work.

I'm trying to be positive here for you. :ph34r:

You've got this covered. Good luck

Thank you. I appreciate the encouragement! I'm going to keep cracking at it. Its only fair us tanfo lol have them too. Lol I have said this every month since December but hopefully this next one will work as a prototype

I think Grams still sells the follower and spring combination as this,

For use in Tanfoglio/EAA Witness Large frame magazine tubes.

For 9mm , the follower will be marked as Grams-TS ,

and the spring and follower kit is marked as Part # FKTS-13, It is a 13 coil spring for the 170mm magazine.

For the 38, the follower is marked as Grams-T ,

and the spring and follower kit part # is FKT-13, and again it's the 13 coil spring for the 170mm magazine.

Edited by gunnit

I think the Arredondo 140 38 spring and follower may work in your 170. It's very stiff in a factory tube with henning 140 pad. In my experience a k38 tube with that spring and follower and henning 140 pad will hold 23-24 of super.

This one: http://www.speedshooter.com/product_detail.cfm?id=AATFFSK-TAN/EAA/CASP&n=Arredondo-Spring--Follower-kit--Tanfo-EAA/Caspian

I have a limited 9mm top end I would like to turn into a open setup. Question just to make sure I'm understanding the process. The barrel I need to purchase is the 6 inch straight barrel from Eaa? And so then with the comp on t works out of the limited slide I guess. My other question is I see Eric Grauffel shop has two comps you can buy. One with 2 holes and some poppets, and the 3 hole version. Which one is recommended? Thanks for any insight.

Correct, get the 6'' inch straight barrel from EAA.

Cut it and thread it , thread is 15mm X 0.75 pitch.

Get the 3 port Eric Grauffel Cone/Comp.

Leave enough clearance between the comp and front of the slide so they don't make contact upon lock-up.

Will the factory barrel from a Stock 2 work with this configuration too?

Thanks

How many rounds? Do they work ok for you? I have read some really bad reviews on them.

25-26 rounds in 9mm with stock spring and follower. They work for me. I shoot Production, those are training mags. I use them with deep Henning pads for 30 and 27 rounds reloadable for small and large frame mag respectively. The tubes are 168mm exactly. I assembled large frame mag with Grams kit - didn't liked the feel of flat follower, haven't shot it, can't comment on the capacity or function.