Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Aftermarket trigger for small frame limited Glock

TacticalG34Tupperware

Yes and if you order it at all at one time he will ship it assembled and ready to drop in.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

So that puts you at ~$300 for that kit?

With the Custom kit and the flat trigger it comes to 260 plus shipping.

How light of a striker spring are you guys able to run with cci primers?

4.5# is reliable but you should change it every few thousand rounds IMO for peace of mind. Springs are cheap. A light strike is expensive.

How light of a striker spring are you guys able to run with cci primers

I ran a zev 2lbs for a year with a lightned striker from ZEV. Id get one about every match or two, until the last one where i had one or two a stage, swithced back to a Taran striker spring which i have never had problems setting off a primer with

Thanks I have a Zev 2lb and was getting a lot. The Tti reduced power I'm getting a few. Running stock now to get none. Ordered a lightened striker hoping I can go back to the Taran at least

I've been using a 4.5# with stock striker and setting off CCI and S&B primers 100%. I haven't even bothered trying the 4# with stock striker since enough people say it doesn't always work.

I have the full DK Custom kit on order with lightened striker and will try the 4# with that.

I'm running a 4.5# and keep having light strikes. Usually 1 or 2 a stage every match. Currently using CCI and sb primers. Will make the switch to federal to see if they work better.

Trying to avoid switching to an extended firing pin.

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

I'm running a 4.5# and keep having light strikes. Usually 1 or 2 a stage every match. Currently using CCI and sb primers. Will make the switch to federal to see if they work better.

Clean your striker channel. May not help but it can't hurt.

Did that and even put a little motor oil in the channel. No change.

I've been using a 4.5# with stock striker and setting off CCI and S&B primers 100%. I haven't even bothered trying the 4# with stock striker since enough people say it doesn't always work.

I have the full DK Custom kit on order with lightened striker and will try the 4# with that.

I used the 4# striker spring with the modified striker from the custom kit and it was a great trigger feel but the lifespan was short before I began having light strikes. I've written off the 4# entirely. It's just not worth the risk for a very marginal gain.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

That may be the problem. Do not oil the channel. It needs to be dry.

That may be the problem. Do not oil the channel. It needs to be dry.
I've run it both ways. I usually run the gun pretty dry. A guy at my last match noticed my issues and tried to help me out. He oiled it up like a 1911. No difference in primer strikes.

Almost any Glock will run with the OEM firing pin and a.4.5# spring with most primers. Most will run with a 4# spring with an extended lightweight firing pin. Change both springs on a regular basis.

What ZEV calls a 2# firing pin spring is actually a 4# spring. The firing pin and channel need to remain dry, Do Not Oil.

Shot some more tonight and got a light strike with the factory striker spring. Figured it must be something else wrong so checked my primer depth loaded some new rounds seated deeper and so far no light strikes with the light Zev "2lb" spring. That change plus the lightened striker on the way should do the trick.

Seating primers high can definitely cause issues. Be sure primers are seated at least flush. That could be the difference for those that are having trouble with the 4.5# spring. And yeah no oil in the firing pin channel.

I used the 4# striker spring with the modified striker from the custom kit and it was a great trigger feel but the lifespan was short before I began having light strikes. I've written off the 4# entirely. It's just not worth the risk for a very marginal gain.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Yeah I doubt I'd feel much of a difference between the 4# and 4.5#. I'll probably run the 4# and see how long it lasts until I start getting light strikes; will only do that at local matches of course. Then maybe switch to the 4.5#.