Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Open Pistol (pictures too)

colt1911

Well, any SME's listen up... My place that had WAC for $15 is out... But they had a bunch of Blue Dot and Silhouette, both in the suggested burn area for 9major... Thoughts on those 2 powders and load info?

Amat Victoria Curam

Go with Sil...great powder.

Also, some advice regarding the DVC - remove all the screws on the scope mount and blue loctite them before you zero the gun. I know 4 others that bought DVC opens and the screws all loosened up, including mine.

Yeah I plan on doing that tomorrow afternoon before I shoot it!

Amat Victoria Curam

You need to let loctite dry for 24hrs before shooting.

I have heard that before but I Hope not, I have 4 lbs of it... And it is what I load everything else with, id hate to have to switch... But if I have to...

Amat Victoria Curam

It won't work. And FYI someday if you get much into competing with it you will be saying I ONLY have 4 lbs of powder for it. :) 4 lbs isn't much in the overall scheme of things. Get you some WAC and go to work
Obviously.

Amat Victoria Curam

Also, some advice regarding the DVC - remove all the screws on the scope mount and blue loctite them before you zero the gun. I know 4 others that bought DVC opens and the screws all loosened up, including mine.

Yeah I plan on doing that tomorrow afternoon before I shoot it!

Amat Victoria Curam

You need to let loctite dry for 24hrs before shooting.

I ended up not shooting it that day so it could have 24hrs to dry, shot it this morning instead.

Amat Victoria Curam

• 3 weeks later...