Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How does one clean newly reloaded rounds?

IGOTGLOCKED

On 4/19/2016 at 10:37 AM, BARRYJ said:

I spray a little low-odor mineral spirits on a towel. Dump about 100 loaded rounds on the towel. Grab each end of the towel and rock back an forth.

By the way, I am putting a few ounces in the bottom of a SS bowl add 100-150+/- rounds mix them around for a few minutes, then roll them around on an old towel and wow talk about clean & shiny - this really works awesome!!! Bought a gallon for about $10, have cleaned 1000's. The gallon will last a long time...

Edited by IGOTGLOCKED

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I lube with one shot.

Assemble ammunition in my 650.

Gauge it - unless it's practice ammo.

Then shoot it.

I have better things to do with my time than tumble loaded ammo to make it prettier. The inside of the gun winds up dirty either way, and tumbling means I'd have to worry about dusty ammo being fed to my gun! The horror!

Edited by MemphisMechanic

I lube with one shot.

Assemble ammunition in my 650.

Gauge it - unless it's practice ammo.

Then shoot it.

I have better things to do with my time than tumble loaded ammo to make it prettier. The inside of the gun winds up dirty either way, and tumbling means I'd have to worry about dusty ammo being fed to my gun! The horror!

Might have to finally try that can of one shot I picked up a while ago. Sounds like it's the bees knees. Still trying to work my way through one of their little tubs of sizing paste / wax or whatever it is. That stuff almost forces you to clean the rounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk