Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rear sight adjustable with Rail?

Shmella

Im asking for it all here. Does anyone make an adjustable rear sight with a rail attached to put a dot with a rail mount on and off without swapping out the rear sight? I know the R8 pretty much has that but I ended up with a 929. Taking off the rear sight and putting on a mount then a micro dot is a pain in the butt especially with loctiting the screws in. I would like to shoot open and iron sights without having to take the rear sight off because I am afraid of losing zero and having to re-sight in my irons every time I take the sights off. I saw the 629 Competitor rear sight looks like it almost creates a rail which made me think it cant be too hard to incorporate a rail to the rear sight without it being a huge long add on.

ce6041f1a136631eb037dc3d58fdc5a1.jpg

Haven't used one but have almost pulled the trigger a few times. Now that I have a dedicated open rev no need but probably the closest thing you'll find.

You basically install your rear sight onto the base. Return to Zero for your optic will depend on your mount I suppose. What dot are you using?

Edited by peterthefish

What peterthefish showed you is what you want. Then chop the rail off to match the frame, or optic length. Turns out pretty nice actually, you just need a super tall front sight.

post-49105-0-55024800-1460650483_thumb.p

Edited by MWP

take note of how many " clicks " from bottom your iron sights are for when you reinstall your rear sight. Windage should never change.

or just buy a dedicated open gun & iron sight gun.

Counting the clicks isn't a bad idea, I don't know why I didn't think of that.

ce6041f1a136631eb037dc3d58fdc5a1.jpg

Haven't used one but have almost pulled the trigger a few times. Now that I have a dedicated open rev no need but probably the closest thing you'll find.

You basically install your rear sight onto the base. Return to Zero for your optic will depend on your mount I suppose. What dot are you using?

I was using a vortex viper 6moa dot with an allchin mount. It comes with a rail mount which made me think of the rail option. I might give this mount a try though. Taking out the 6 screws after theyre all loctited in is what makes it, to me, not worth swapping back and forth. The funds for another gun arent there anytime soon.

Edited by Shmella

What peterthefish showed you is what you want. Then chop the rail off to match the frame, or optic length. Turns out pretty nice actually, you just need a super tall front sight.

Looks pretty good. I knew there had to be something like that out there I just couldn't find it. Thanks

I take a little blue loc-tite and after sighting in drip a drop on the T stud. I then just wrap a small piece of tape around the assembly to keep it solid. So far it's worked well holding zero and I just put the whole assembly in an old pill bottle and it's always rattling around.