Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Romeo 3 and RTS2

MikeRush

I heard some speculation that the SIG Romeo 3 is similar to the RTS2 (potentially produced by the same manufacturer), and it seems at least one vendor has indicated the same mount fits both dots.

The consensus on here seems to be that the 8 MOA version of the RTS2 is the one to get, and the Romeo 3 only comes in a 3 MOA variant. SIG offers very attractive pricing to NRA Instructors so I was considering giving one a try but I am afraid that the 3 MOA will be too small/dim. I currently have the most experience with the 6 MOA CMore, and I found that to be adequate for my needs.

Does anyone have experience with both, or specifically with the Romeo3? If the dot is 3 MOA but bright it might be a viable option.

• 1 month later...

I just got a Romeo 3 today. The dot is definitely bright enough and big enough for any conditions in my opinion. I also have a rts2 6moa the difference is not as big as you would think.

The motion on/off is a big improvement that I like the idea of and it works well. Turns off in 90 seconds and comes back on quick.

The rts2 is already a big sight and the Romeo is even bigger. It's considerably longer front to back. Does look to share at least the back half and glass shape of the rts2 housing.

Springer has a Romeo3 on carry optics type setup but I am looking forward to hearing how it does on an Open gun. I have one on an MPX and agree that the brightness makes up for the small dot size. I have had mine turned on for the last four months or so without having to think about changing the battery. When not in use it just goes to sleep and then comes back on when moved. That's great for me since every time I so much as look at my slide ride I seem to accidently leave it on.

I'm sure the Romeo 3 is much shorter than the RTs2, looks closer to the DP-P. I have not held both side by side to see for sure:

Check the other thread I just posted. You must be thinking of the Romeo 1.