Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How To Build Your Own Gun Cart For 3 Gun Competition

After weighing the decision to either buy a gun cart or cobble my own together, I opted to go the do-it-yourself route. The project was so successful I decided to write an article about it in hopes I could help other folks new to the sport.

Let me emphasize that I'm not at all mechanically inclined. Only the most basic of tools were used.

Build Your Own Gun Cart For 3 Gun Competition - ThruMyLens

Enjoy - and do let me know your thoughts on the article.

Edited by RolexJohn

Good article. I used a stroller for a while, but am going to weld up a custom cart one of these days. A couple guys at work that shoot matches with me always pile their stuff on my cart, so I'll be making one to hold the gear for 3 shooters or so

Good article. I used a stroller for a while, but am going to weld up a custom cart one of these days. A couple guys at work that shoot matches with me always pile their stuff on my cart, so I'll be making one to hold the gear for 3 shooters or so

Wow...I thought we had it tough when I shared my cart with ONE buddy last weekend. :surprise:

I've done that, cart to hold guns and ammo for 5-6 guys. gets hard to keep ammo straight,and you almost need another cart for misc stuff. Also gets HEAVY

I tried the cart route but unfortunately the first match where I used it was very dusty and it left my guns exposed. By the end of the day my shotgun was not running as a result of all of the dust collected. The gun racks went back to Amazon and it picked up a bag instead so that my guns can be kept more out of the elements between stages.

I tried the cart route but unfortunately the first match where I used it was very dusty and it left my guns exposed. By the end of the day my shotgun was not running as a result of all of the dust collected. The gun racks went back to Amazon and it picked up a bag instead so that my guns can be kept more out of the elements between stages.

Interesting. Where do you typically shoot? Your profile indicates you're from Springfield, VA - I wouldn't guess that a match in VA would be all that dusty. Sounds like more of a problem out West.

I've done that, cart to hold guns and ammo for 5-6 guys. gets hard to keep ammo straight,and you almost need another cart for misc stuff. Also gets HEAVY

I can see that. We all work together and the company supplies the Ammo so not a big deal in that area.

Good write up. I don't believe it's the first time I've seen it though. I've been doing research into range carts and your page came up in my search.

I'll be patient for a time and watch yard sales; that time of the year is coming for Maine. When I lose patience I'll probably either buy a range cart or buy a baby buggy. The quality of what you bought is good?

Good write up. I don't believe it's the first time I've seen it though. I've been doing research into range carts and your page came up in my search.

I'll be patient for a time and watch yard sales; that time of the year is coming for Maine. When I lose patience I'll probably either buy a range cart or buy a baby buggy. The quality of what you bought is good?

I first posted the article to my website on Friday, March 26th so perhaps you did your search in the last week? I made a couple of changes before posting it here today.

I certainly have no complaints about quality from either the jogging stroller or the grips/mounts which support the long guns. Everything looks like it will hold up a really long time. We'll see. :)

Good article. I purchased a used 3-wheel stroller from a store that carries used baby-related merchandise (nice, well-built one for $50). I ordered two brackets from Rugged Gear (they sell the mounting--butt stock brackets separately and they fit on most buggies). Basically remove unnecessary items and tweak some stuff and they work well.

Good article. I purchased a used 3-wheel stroller from a store that carries used baby-related merchandise (nice, well-built one for $50). I ordered two brackets from Rugged Gear (they sell the mounting--butt stock brackets separately and they fit on most buggies). Basically remove unnecessary items and tweak some stuff and they work well.

Thank!

The Rugged Gear mounts look a little pricier ($15.00 more each) than the Kolpin grips. I don't supposed you've compared them? Do the Rugged Gear mounts offer any advantages for the extra money?

Interesting. Where do you typically shoot? Your profile indicates you're from Springfield, VA - I wouldn't guess that a match in VA would be all that dusty. Sounds like more of a problem out West.

This was at Peacemaker National Training Center in Glengarry, WV. I can still hang the bag from the top of a 3 Gun cart so little convince is lost.

I first posted the article to my website on Friday, March 26th so perhaps you did your search in the last week? I made a couple of changes before posting it here today.

I certainly have no complaints about quality from either the jogging stroller or the grips/mounts which support the long guns. Everything looks like it will hold up a really long time. We'll see. :)

Yup, that's exactly the time frame of my search.

Thank!

The Rugged Gear mounts look a little pricier ($15.00 more each) than the Kolpin grips. I don't supposed you've compared them? Do the Rugged Gear mounts offer any advantages for the extra money?

Did not compare the two. Actually, Rugged Gear is close to me (they are across the border in South Dakota). They do demos at Scheels and other regional events. I purchased from them mainly because they are a relatively close business and many of the Sioux Falls, SD USPSA and 3-gun shooters use their stuff (and I travel there to shoot when possible).

Cool. I try and make it up there when I can. Great compact shooting area and the stages are different every time. I live down in Mason. Have you gone to the Clinton county farmers and sportsman association 3 gun match on Sundays? I think the next one is on the 10th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool. I try and make it up there when I can. Great compact shooting area and the stages are different every time. I live down in Mason. Have you gone to the Clinton county farmers and sportsman association 3 gun match on Sundays? I think the next one is on the 10th

I haven't made it up to the CCFA match yet - I'm hoping to this year. I do IPO/Shutzhund with my Rottweiler Zeus and am typically at the club all day Sunday.

A0955D5D-F049-4647-8C6E-21D6BB030AE1_zps

FA351289-7C0B-46E0-9C91-32DC54AC9627_zps

8A8BBAC9-212B-4A3B-A4EB-EACE2C493153_zps

That is awesome. Great looking dog

Thanks. Too many expensive and time-consuming hobbies. [emoji849][emoji12]

I should take a pay less financially destructive past time...like crack. [emoji23][emoji23]

Yup, good looking dog. We love Rotties and have had 5. Smart! It's like having a smart 3 year old child.

After our last one died we got a Cane Corso the (it's thought) ancestor of the Rottie. Another smart dog, very agile. So smart that Blue learned to play hide and seek. We realized that when my wife took them for a walk in the woods. Normally I'd hide on Blue. This time he hid on my wife. He could plainly be seen hiding behind a fir sapling. Wouldn't come out until the wife went up to him to tell him he'd been found.

No docked tails on the Rotts anymore?

In the US (and Canada), yes. Most of the rest of the world follows the FCI standard which calls for a natural tail. Since the breed is from Germany, we raise them according to the FCI standard.

Egad! I've hijacked/drifted my own thread! :angry2::roflol: