Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

World Shoot VII, 1986 Orlando

ChuckS

That video from the World Shoot 1993 was fantastic. The commentary with stage breakdown and performances were great to see. Too bad we don't get that kind of coverage now.

Chris

Videos like this are extremely expensive to put together, at least two camera operators onsite throughout the match and a reporter to conduct the interviews. Then add in all the hundreds of hours in the editing room to pull it all together. There is very little money to be made from the endeavor and even that is diminished due to the flagrant copyright violations that occur especially in a digitally connected world that we now live in. Publish this on a DVD and within 24 hours of shipping there will be pirated copies flying all over the Internet.

I know first hand how much work goes into just the filming part of the process. My videos are not as polished as those once offered by Saul Kirsch but I do have over 1000 stage runs from the last World Shoot (http://liveshots.net/video/)

Chuck, you won't believe this but I was there at World Shoot VII. Wow, I remember those stages! The one stage with the orange door, you stood holding a pizza and open the door with a lot of swinging targets. I was new and was just overwhelmed with all the targets moving around.

Jim Zubiana, won a stage or posted very well on it and I remember how he didn't want to say how he gamed it out. It was the wall stage with the ladder. Didn't want the super squad to know...

The helicopter scene, was a shooter shot himself in the leg and needed to be air lifted out. You can see the stage after the helicopter, where shooters needed to re-holster a loaded gun before going up some stairs to shoot through a port.

The one women shooter wearing the red USA team shirt was Joann Hall, an ex cheerleader from the NFL. And you can see Rick Castlow, the one in the shootoff scenes, with the lick hairstyle, he was sponsored by Les Baer before Les, went to work for Springfield Armory.

We would shoot the whole week except Wednesday, we went to DisneyWorld and saw the Captin Nemo flick with Michel Jackson, before it got to the west coast. What a waste of time for that.

What I do remember well, were the opening ceremonies. It was impressive. Shooting back in those days felt really special! Seeing the top shooters you read about in American Handgunner. It was special. It was the beginning of what we know now! It was really special!!!

Damn :)

Edited by kimberacp