Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recoil Spring/Striker Question Glock34

Msummerf

I'm going to buy a SS guide rod and reduced power recoil spring 13# or 14# in my Glock 34. I have never done this. Do I need to get a lightened striker or lighter striker spring to counteract that? Or will the stock ones be sufficient? I shoot 124 gr manufactured ammo if that matters. Thanks.

I have a SS rod in mine with a #13 recoil spring, Generally you only need to lighten the striker if you lighten the striker spring, same power to weight ratio as stock. AFAIK the recoil system and the striker system are not dependent on each other

AFAIK the recoil system and the striker system are not dependent on each other

Not entirely. If your recoil spring is too light and your striker spring is too heavy the slide can creep out of battery as you pull the trigger. That's an extreme case though. Don't see it happening with what the OP is suggesting here.

That happened to me with a 13# spring and factory striker spring. I put the 4# striker spring and 6# trigger spring, problem solved. And FWIW I've had zero issues with the lighter striker spring and factory striker in regards to light strikes or anything.

ETA: I'm also running a G35, so with G34, you could probably go even lighter than a 13# spring, like maybe 11 or 12.

Edited by nahanshew89

• 4 weeks later...

Listen to BARKVIBE! This is a big deal and it's called head space...Glocks will drop the FP while out of battery.

Play with the spring that helps you pull the trigger first. Pm me if you don't know what that is.