Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tactical sport slide racker

cpa5oh

I've broken a stock rear TS sight using it as a slide racker (snapped in half right where the allen screw goes). Friend of mine that also shoots a TS had one break this past weekend. I imagine that CZ USA wouldn't be too thrilled to replace a rear sight that was being used as a slide racker...

Problem is there is so little slide showing above the frame and the slide is actually narrower than the frame - very hard to rack using the front of the slide like you would with a 2011.

I was thinking about adding slide rackers to my two TS's - I'd get the SVI rackers that angle up at 40 degrees, have a gunsmith make a dovetail cut just in front of the rear sight, and then drift it in place and hold it down with an allen screw.

Anybody see any inherent problems with that? Once it's done there's not going back...

Thank you!

I added grip tape over the front of the slide and it made all the difference. I used to bleed every time i shot because the rear sight would cut me when i tried to grab it in a hurry

Sent by Jedi mind control

Thanks mr postman! Now to find a local smith that will do it...

the grip tape idea is a great one. I don't like cleaning around grip tape though...too hard to keep oil/solvent from creeping underneath it.

the grip tape idea is a great one. I don't like cleaning around grip tape though...too hard to keep oil/solvent from creeping underneath it.

Grip tape is cheap. You could pre-cut several pieces the right size and have them with your cleaning gear. Then every couple of cleaning pull off the tape and clean it to your hearts content. Then reapply the grip tape:)

If you can't find someone local to do the cuts you can send your slides to me, along with the rackers, and I can do it for you.

• 4 years later...
On 3/11/2016 at 12:55 PM, MrPostman said:

If you can't find someone local to do the cuts you can send your slides to me, along with the rackers, and I can do it for you.

Iv tried to send you a message a couple of times but I think there is something wrong with the site currently. 

Do you still do this?

Do you have any pictures of those that you have done?

What is the cost?

Thanks. 

On 10/16/2020 at 9:35 AM, looking4reloadingdeals said:

Iv tried to send you a message a couple of times but I think there is something wrong with the site currently. 

Do you still do this?

Do you have any pictures of those that you have done?

What is the cost?

Thanks. 

Sorry, not taking any gun work currently. Thanks

Not a TSO, but I think this is what you're looking to do.  If so, the slide racker is the ball-detent design from ZigRacker. 

I have a TSO with the fixed rear and don't see the need for this on a limited gun, but hey, it's not my gun. 

R4ZgnyH.thumb.jpg.e6889e24e8f23bc09b15504813125b4c.jpg