Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is area 1 a good well run match

a2 is closer to california and phoenix.

a1 bumped up the costs this year.

I've done A1 3 times, and they were all good, fun, well-run matches, but all run by different clubs/organizations as it rotates around the area.

I think the fact that area 2 doesn't rotate makes it a known quantity.

Pair that with what (should) be good weather and you have a strong draw.

I've shot the last 3 Area 1 matches and been an RO at the last 2. They have been fun well executed matches.

Communication for this years match wasn't what it has been, and I think they bumped up the total number of slots each of which may be contributing to the availability of slots.

I've done A1 3 times, and they were all good, fun, well-run matches, but all run by different clubs/organizations as it rotates around the area.

yep. phoenix is considered by many the Mecca of shooting. Area 1 jumps around and getting to some of the ranges can be expensive and time consuming. Last year it was in Idaho Falls and the options to get there were limited.

To me it was best when it was held at St. George. flying into Vegas is usually cheap and so is renting a car. weather is usually pretty good also.

yep. phoenix is considered by many the Mecca of shooting. Area 1 jumps around and getting to some of the ranges can be expensive and time consuming. Last year it was in Idaho Falls and the options to get there were limited.

To me it was best when it was held at St. George. flying into Vegas is usually cheap and so is renting a car. weather is usually pretty good also.

and of course st george is close to southern california too, lol.

I like having it move around, but I l ive in a fairly central location.

It was a good match last time I went in Salt Lake. There were some issues with a prop/target that caused a lot of reshoots. Other than that it was fine.

I heard this year that the weekemd slots sold out. I haven't checked that personally. But having to take extra days off work to shoot in the middle of the week would cause many of those added slots to go unfilled.

I heard this year that the weekemd slots sold out. I haven't checked that personally. But having to take extra days off work to shoot in the middle of the week would cause many of those added slots to go unfilled.

Geez I think I heard that somewhere else. That they opened early to local shooters that filled the weekend slots. How would I even find you because I can't see squaring on practice score without registering first and it doesn't seem like they have a Fb or other website running ?

If we're talking about silver bullet in Area 1, it was open to everyone at the same time, and the slots filled up almost instantly. If you didn't get in, it's because you procrastinated lol but there will be people who cancel and drop out, you may get a chance.

What's "Silver Bullet". I'm asking about area 1 championship how do I find out if there are weekend slots?

Silver bullet is a different match.

Area 1 championship registration is on practiscore. Last I heard there are no weekend spots left.

Match director contact and match webpage on USPSA major match listing page here http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-match-details.php?indx=1078

• 2 weeks later...

If you go to the registration page on practiscore and remove the "register" from the URL and replace it with "squadding" you can see the squad list.

https://practiscore.com/berrys-2016-uspsa-area-1-handgun-championship/register

should look like this:

https://practiscore.com/berrys-2016-uspsa-area-1-handgun-championship/squadding