Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help overall length for 625 revo

chadxr650

I dunno, I shoot the same loads that I feed my single stack. 230 grain lead at 1.250.

Revolvers work as an inertial bullet puller, I don't think I'd want less bullet in the case. Why are you thinking longer?

Edited by PatJones

Well I shoot 200gr sw in my 1911 and basically I'm trying to see if I just keep that same set up can I just change the bullet vs changing my entire set up since I don't shoot revo that much.

I would say you are likely okay on length, I have run 255gr bullets seated out to about the same in the past. If your neck tension is good enough to keep them in place I don't see any problems but you should take one round and keep it in the gun to see how many times it can be fired before jumping crimp. Generally I like a bullet to last 12+ times or else it can be very frustrating to deal with a loaded and jammed revolver.

Well I decided to just go with the 1.255 overall length and run 3.9grns of n310 seems there just isn't any safe information about trying this method. I basically was curious if I could load two different types of bullets 1. 200 grn SWC and 2. 230 grn ball so I didn't have to change my setup for my revo from my single stack since I only plan on shooting about 1500 to 2000 rds of revo and very random times so what I'm going to do next since I loaded 500 rds of 230 now is try running a 200grn swc and a 200grn ball and see if I can get a equal oal and not have to change my seat on them. Thanks

Edited by chadxr650

I don't care to have 2 different 45 loads around the house. I've settled on 230 RN for all my 45 needs, single stack and Revo.

The 200 grain RN bullets out there make me curious, but if it ain't broke.....

Edited by PatJones

I'm definitely having a struggle with this right now I agree two different loads just means more work so I'm hoping those 200grn round nose solve half my problem I just love those 200grn swc holes in my single stack they have definitely helped me get some extra A hits time and time again and scoring is not a problem! Lol

I'm definitely having a struggle with this right now I agree two different loads just means more work so I'm hoping those 200grn round nose solve half my problem I just love those 200grn swc holes in my single stack they have definitely helped me get some extra A hits time and time again and scoring is not a problem! Lol

They can also help you get no shoots ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I would say you are likely okay on length, I have run 255gr bullets seated out to about the same in the past. If your neck tension is good enough to keep them in place I don't see any problems but you should take one round and keep it in the gun to see how many times it can be fired before jumping crimp. Generally I like a bullet to last 12+ times or else it can be very frustrating to deal with a loaded and jammed revolver.

You're shooting a .452 in a Casull which is an important thing to point out. That's not exactly great information for folks shooting a .451 barrel. There can be pressure issues. I've been to matches where idiots have blown up Glocks playing with Long Colt bullets. One the guy was okay but shaken up, the other sustained cuts to his hands. Just a thought...

You're shooting a .452 in a Casull which is an important thing to point out. That's not exactly great information for folks shooting a .451 barrel. There can be pressure issues. I've been to matches where idiots have blown up Glocks playing with Long Colt bullets. One the guy was okay but shaken up, the other sustained cuts to his hands. Just a thought...
I was running those loads in a 625 with a .452 groove, my 454 isn't cut for moonclips yet. You bring up a good point however, I've got 45 cal revolvers with grooves running from .4505-.453 via micrometer. It always pays to slug your barrel and use the correct bullet size. Edited by Alaskan454