Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm reloads for any gun

Hi All,

I'm new here and I have a question. I've been reloading for about 8 years or so. Just recently I've started reloading for a couple of friends. Not for profit. I'm just trying to help them out. What I'm looking for is a good combination of powder/projectile that will function well in pretty much any 9mm pistol. I've always made and test fired my loads working them up from start loads to the point at which they function in my guns. I've found that those preferred loads for my guns don't always equate to the best functioning loads for one of my friend's pistols. The frustrating part is he has the same exact pistol as me, SA xd9sc. Does anyone have a suggestion for what seems to be a reliable load for the majority of 9mm luger pistols?

I have loaded the same 9mm for the last 2 years and have shot it in 15 different guns with no issues. 124gr bayou round nose 3.2g of titegroup loaded at 1.160 it is my steel and 3gun and practice load. It falls just short of making minor but has ran in every gun I have shot it through.

To be universal, I'd suggest using 115 gr jacketed RN bullets, loaded as short as you can safely,

so NO ONE has a FTF because the round is too long (touches the lands).

Notice that most ammo sold is 115 gr, jacketed RN bullets - that feeds the most

reliably across more guns. :cheers:

You might want to think long and hard about this plan. Ammo manufacturers have massive amounts of liability insurance (and teams of lawyers). They may be your friends and you aren't making much profit (if any). But what's going to happen if they have a malfunction that results in injury? Then there's the question of registering with the ATF as an ammunition manufacturer. Lots of things to consider other than loads. I won't give any of my loaded ammo to anyone, but I have on occasion allowed friends to load their ammo on my equipment.

Edited by Bkreutz

Dittos what Bkreutz wrote. If you supply them ammo, even if the ammo wasn't yours that hurt them... prove it. It's not a good thing to do. Your heart is in the right place, but if they are disabled for life just how good a friend are they?

BTW, Bkreutz, would that be a short version of Bad Kreutznach? (SP?) Just curious. I was there for 2 1/2 years for Uncle Sam many years ago, when it was still W.Germany and the CCCP was assumed to flood through the Fulda Gap.

Dittos what Bkreutz wrote. If you supply them ammo, even if the ammo wasn't yours that hurt them... prove it. It's not a good thing to do. Your heart is in the right place, but if they are disabled for life just how good a friend are they?

BTW, Bkreutz, would that be a short version of Bad Kreutznach? (SP?) Just curious. I was there for 2 1/2 years for Uncle Sam many years ago, when it was still W.Germany and the CCCP was assumed to flood through the Fulda Gap.

I get asked that occasionally (usually by ex GI's), no, it's a shortened version of my last name. (Breitkreutz). I started using this form long ago on a personalized license plate and they wouldn't allow me enough letters to put the whole name there. Bad Kreuznach (correct spelling) is a beautiful city, I've visited it many times (during the same cold war time frame), I was living farther south in Bad Tolz.

Edited by Bkreutz

• 2 weeks later...