Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Weekend Warriors

Jake Di Vita

Where were the CRO's, RO's and MD?????? I would think the match staff would have discussed this with the competitors. Rules are rules. CRO's don't stop yelling "Finger" because you are a local police officer, why would clothing rules be any less important?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jake, all that you said was it wasn't a local match. To me I thought you had just travel to another area other than your own and were dismayed at the other clubs lack of concern about your values of proper attire.

So now that you stated it was a SC sectional does that change anything for me?

HUMM....... after re-reading your posts again, and the description of the shirt, there own pictures with rifles up. Then with the later info about them being DOE team.

I would have asked what's up with gear and shirts guys, they would have probably explained, and I would have proabably said you'll probably tick off some people. Have good Day.

By the way were they any good?

I really don't like those kind of shirts. If nothing else, many of the swat type shirts atempt to glorify killing Americans a little too much for my taste. Granted, some people need killing; but I'm not real keen on the whole paramilitary approach.

Never confronted anyone about it, though I did break balls one time at a match. Guy was 5-11'ed to a 'T' and had a shirt that had something like "Mayberry Hostage Negotiation Team" on his hat.

At the beep he was all cool and tactical, yelling "Get down!" to the no shoots as he slowly negoiated the stage. He dropped behind low cover and in the process of transitioning from one side of the barricade to another, he ND'ed, shot through the cover, and centerpunched a no shoot pretty as you please.

For whatever reason I thought it was completely hilarious and I laughed so hard I hyperventilated, then finally was able to say to him, "Boy, you sure negotiated with THAT hostage!". Then laughed so hard I got dizzy and fell over.

Seen that fella at another match and he was all tactical again, with the clothes and hat, yelled "get down" to the no shoot, then nailed it. Several people from the crowd yelled out "Medic!" as they saw the target get shot.

That kind of self corrects the mall ninja types.

I guess the penalty for no obeying the get down command is to be shot!

Some how your description and you and him, really struck a funny bone for me also.

Kinda sounds like Barney Fife, wasn't that Mayberry also? I think Andy only gave him one bullet to carry around.

Who cares what they wear, it ain't no fashion show. Could they shoot!!!!! L

Don't know - if anyone knows their names, lets check the scores and see if our nuclear facilities are safe or not :blink:

Just do me a favor and don't look at my score in the process :lol: I barely shot an A class score :(