Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Automatic Accuracy Accu options

Honeybooboo

I think I'm ordering an accu from mink even though that shadow 2 is coming out. I'm confused by all the options though.

Safeties. Slim seems like a good way to go so you can ride the support hand high without engaging it. Or am I wrong about that?

Sights. Tactical vs competition rear? CZ custom vs Dawson front?

Grips. CZ aluminum, CZ custom aluminum, or vz?

I picked up a SP-01 from AA earlier in the year. Matt was EXTREMELY willing to answer questions when I emailed him. Whatever you decide on, I think you will be absolutely satisfied with the work Matt does.

I stuck with the stock safety, love it. It's natural to take off and my strong hand thumb rides on it nicely.

I went with the tactical rear sight which, if I remember correctly, is the competition sight with the top corners (sharp points) filed down off. I'd be happy with either version. I went with a CZ custom front and love the long fiber optic rod.

Picked up the CZ custom aluminum grips with the grip tape because I wanted the gold color. The grip is surprisingly good on these and the aluminum grips definitely thinned out the overall width compared to the rubber factory grips. If you want ultra aggressive grips, there are always the "lemon graters." VZ's feel just like G10 handled knives if you have ever felt one of those.

Slim safety. You won’t activate it accidentally. Tactical rear. Obscures less of the target. Thin Dawson front. Fast up close, won’t cover plates and mini poppers at distance. VZ Diamondback grips. Grippy as hell.

My set up is almost the same as above. Dawson 0.90 front fiber optic. CZC rear. VZ tactical diamond back grips. I like the new 85C style trigger or even the Shadowline one. Yep, give the shop a call and you'll be good to go.

I am a big fan of the thin safeties. I can grip the pistol higher because the standard paddle gets in my way on the standard safety. I think it all depends on your hand size.

I started with the thin aluminum grips, and the gun moved a lot in my hands because the grips are too smooth even with the grip tape inserts. I switched to the thick lemon graters from CZ Custom will never use anything else.

I kept flicking the Shadow safety on during the draw, so I bought the Thin safeties and installed them. Problem went away, I couldn't ride the safety anymore, so I installed the SP01 safety on the left side only.

I think that one works great - not too big and not too small.