Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Flying with stripped AR-10 lower

Zoomy

I'm not a lawyer, nor have I stayed in a holiday inn for quite some time.

My take is that I'd declare it and treat it as I would a complete firearm. I'm basing this on the fact it is the serialized portion, and if you shipped it by common carrier (ups or fed ex) in full compliance you'd do so as a firearm. There isn't a big downside doing it that way, and which way would you rather be wrong??

Edited by fishsticks

I'm not a lawyer, nor have I stayed in a holiday inn for quite some time.

My take is that I'd declare it and treat it as I would a complete firearm. I'm basing this on the fact it is the serialized portion, and if you shipped it by common carrier (ups or fed ex) in full compliance you'd do so as a firearm. There isn't a big downside doing it that way, and which way would you rather be wrong??

It's not serialized. It's a completed 80% lower now 100%. But I think at this point it is considered a firearm. Edited by Zoomy

• 2 weeks later...

I declared an upper once. Glad I did since I got to sit at tsa for two hours while they researched what constituted a firearm. Technically it's not a firearm but with tsa, declare everything and let them sort it out. Can't hurt, just get to airport early

I wondered why it would mattered to them whether it's a firearms or not since you declared it??? Typical TSA BS...because they can...