Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production Optics

mont1120

Good Lord! It's kinda late but here goes. I just use it for shooting steel. The 9mm load I was using tonight (when I knew my RMR had a problem) is a hoot! Haven't checked it with the chrony it yet but I suspect I'm getting around 1350 fps with the 95 gr. bullet I'm using. Here's a similar load I did check.

Bullet: Sierra 90 gr. JHP
Powder: Hodgdon CFE Pistol 6.0 grs.
Primer: Federal 100
Case: Federal
LOAL: 1.020 (.822 with Stoney Point)
Avg. Vel.: 1372.04 fps
ES: 20.18
SD: 7.68
Bullet: Federal 95 gr. JSP
Powder: Hodgdon CFE Pistol 6.0 grs.
Primer: Federal 100
Case: Federal
LOAL: 1.055 (.794 with Stoney Point)
More on it here.
I'll post more details if you need them but Springer Precision did all the work (except the trigger). Top notch work!
Edited by pbcaster45

I use a Springer Precision rear sight mount on my XDm 5.25, works great! Only problem is my Trijicon RMR is starting to have problems with the dot fading in and out (2000 rounds fired). I was still on my original battery but replacing it made no difference - looks like I'll be calling Trijicon for help!

XDm20Steel20Pistol.jpg

Did not know you could use a comp

I installed a mounting plate from Springer. First gun, a 4" service is running great. On my 5.25 after about 150 rounds the screw broke. It is at Springer now to see what I did wrong. Hope to get it back for an all classifier match so I can get classified.

@nahanshew,

I think about $1620 including the Trijicon RM07 (2013). I installed the PRP Trigger Kit and magazine chute myself so that's an extra. I use a Wolf 14 lb. recoil spring and solid guide rod. The Bar Sto barrel is not throated so I can't load up to major power - but it's for STEEL!

I did some research and I think I know what's causing my dot to fade in and out - this youtube video explains it very well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUefli_hisI

ab5bc083-69ad-4d01-bbab-f8fbc5dbb5f2.jpg

Edited by pbcaster45

I did some research and I think I know what's causing my dot to fade in and out - this youtube video explains it very well.

For those scopes with an exposed battery, I've always placed a small piece of electrical tape on the mount where the battery touches it, the extra friction prevents the battery from moving around under recoil and also helps to push the battery onto the contacts inside the scope.

Received my repaired slide for my XDM 5.25. From Ohio to Oregon and back in 6 buisness days. They removed the broken screw and installed my mounting bracket. I have now installed my FastFire III again. Will get back to the range and see if it has held zero.

@nahanshew89

It's funny about the 14 lb. recoil spring, it works fine for me (even when shooting one handed). But I've let other people shoot my XDm Open Gun and they have problems with the slide locking back and stovepipes! But the same thing happens with my Trubor .38 Super too, loads that function perfectly for me give occasional malfunctions with other shooters. I guess I just have a firmer grip or something!

I just got a Springer Precision Guide Rod for 1911 springs but I haven't had a chance to use it.

Edited by pbcaster45

• 2 months later...