Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SP01 CO ordered

spencerattix

You might want to rethink the C more,I have STS 2 it died on me twice during 2 stages at Sat match.

I have a RMR dual illumination no batteries on my P 09 no issues,I am considering a Doctor 3.5 moa

I am hearing they are bullet proof

My wife and I have been using Doctor sights for 25 months collectively and they are "bulletproof". The always on is great as you don't have to worry about it turning off during a stage, or God forbid forgetting to turn it on to start a stage. Not that anyone would ever do that!

I know people scoff at them but my Burris FF3 has held up for over 3k rounds on my M&P with no issues. The 3moa dot is a little small for my preference though.

FF III is a very solid optic. I posted this on another forum when asked about my opinions on popular reflex sights as we mill slides and handle dozens of them daily.

FF III. - Best out there for the money. Simply can't be touched for ~$250-$275. Most last many thousands of rounds +. If yours happens to die, Burris has no problem replacing them, no questions asked.

DP Gen 1 - Solid optic, be careful with the tiny torx screws stripping as it is a very common issue.

DP Pro - TANKS. The most solid optic I've personally had in hand and used by far. They haven't been out long, but I have heard of only one customer of ours having an issue with one out of probably about 30-40ish or so we've milled so far since they've been out.

RMR - I have nothing specifically against them, other than people have the misconception that since they're made by Trijicon, they're gods gift to reflex sights. And that's just wrong. They fail as much (more in our experience from reports) than the rest. Maybe it's just that they're more popular so naturally we will hear of them failing more, I don't know.

Various C-More's - Same stuff you hear from everyone. Hit and miss. Some seem to be unkillable, some crap out quickly.

The rest out there, we haven't milled very many, nor do I have a lot of experience with them to comment.

Edited by bruceg

Do you have any more pics of the SP01 with DP Pro you did?

I know people scoff at them but my Burris FF3 has held up for over 3k rounds on my M&P with no issues. The 3moa dot is a little small for my preference though.

FF III is a very solid optic. I posted this on another forum when asked about my opinions on popular reflex sights as we mill slides and handle dozens of them daily.

FF III. - Best out there for the money. Simply can't be touched for ~$250-$275. Most last many thousands of rounds +. If yours happens to die, Burris has no problem replacing them, no questions asked.

DP Gen 1 - Solid optic, be careful with the tiny torx screws stripping as it is a very common issue.

DP Pro - TANKS. The most solid optic I've personally had in hand and used by far. They haven't been out long, but I have heard of only one customer of ours having an issue with one out of probably about 30-40ish or so we've milled so far since they've been out.

RMR - I have nothing specifically against them, other than people have the misconception that since they're made by Trijicon, they're gods gift to reflex sights. And that's just wrong. They fail as much (more in our experience from reports) than the rest. Maybe it's just that they're more popular so naturally we will hear of them failing more, I don't know.

Various C-More's - Same stuff you hear from everyone. Hit and miss. Some seem to be unkillable, some crap out quickly.

The rest out there, we haven't milled very many, nor do I have a lot of experience with them to comment.

Do you have any more pics of the SP01 with DP Pro you did?

This is the only one I have. Unfortunately taking pics isn't always something we have a lot of time to think about doing. :(

jmP59Ai.png?1

I've got an SP01 being built by CGW for CO. CGW is milling the slide for a CMORE. Now the wait begins.

Mine is on order also, I'm having my Fastfire 3 sent directly to CGW to have it fitted. I think this is going to be a very good choice for CO.

• 1 month later...

I think I've changed my mind and I'll be going with the FF3

Hope this is not too late to stop you. I have a FF3 on mu P-09 and it is now on my Turkey. I hated the shape of the lens, the dust cover the automatic setting. Just be warned that if you have it in auto mode it will turn off 80 % of the time after the second or third stage.

I just installed a doctor sight and have fired 300 rounds through it. it is freakin awesome. I was ready to scrap the whole idea of CO but with this sight I feel I can start to get better instead of worrying about equipment issues.

My .02,

Hope this is not too late to stop you. I have a FF3 on mu P-09 and it is now on my Turkey. I hated the shape of the lens, the dust cover the automatic setting. Just be warned that if you have it in auto mode it will turn off 80 % of the time after the second or third stage.

I just installed a doctor sight and have fired 300 rounds through it. it is freakin awesome. I was ready to scrap the whole idea of CO but with this sight I feel I can start to get better instead of worrying about equipment issues.

My .02,

My wife and I have been using Doctor sights for about 18 months, they are great. Hard to believe it is not the GO -TO dot for CO

My .02,

My wife and I have been using Doctor sights for about 18 months, they are great. Hard to believe it is not the GO -TO dot for CO

Not hard to believe at all. You can buy 2 FF3's for the price of 1 Docter.

My .02,

Not hard to believe at all. You can buy 2 FF3's for the price of 1 Docter.

Not to mention the FF III's have a great track record overall. For every 1 person complaining about one, there's probably 100 others out there having zero issues. I would venture to say that the FF III is probably THE single most popular reflex optic out there right now. At least that's definitely the case from what we see come through our shop.