Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 .22

blacklab

Bob, sorry for the delay. Here are the pics of the thumb rest. It is made from a Arredondo rest, modified to fit the 22/45 frame. It is in a very similar location to the SSI slide lock thumbrests I use on my open and limited guns.

post-43369-0-88841400-1454770132_thumb.j

post-43369-0-20583100-1454770149_thumb.j

post-43369-0-92692700-1454770160_thumb.j

By the way, this gun easily has 20,000 rounds through it with no issues. It has Volquartsen internal trigger components, Tandemkross trigger, Tandemkross firing pin, etc. It will eat any ammo I feed it, but usually on run CCI mini-mags in matches.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the pics. Scott. Just for kicks I ordered a $15.00 airsoft thumb rest to try to mount on my S&W.

I was reading up on the GSG 1911. From what I read they might be worth a closer look. CW Accessories makes some nice stuff for them and a lot of the parts interchange with real 1911.

So that opens another question. Does anyone know the anything about CW Accessories?

I do. Chet is a good guy, and the stuff he makes is nice. If you do buy a GSG 1911, you will definitely want his Performance Package. It eliminates a lot of the problems the GSG has. You may want to call them and talk to Chet about building you a GSG using all his good stuff. You'll end up with a super reliable pistol that is very accurate. BTW, he is selling his own line of barrels now.

I'll tell you that since your budget included building a dedicated 1911 lower, you might consider having Chet build you a custom pistol using his slide, parts, etc. The mount a red dot on the slide, add a comp and you have a great open 22 for not a lot of money.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a tactical solutions kit which I think is pretty accurate. I shot a few 2 inch groups offhand at 25 yards today. I'm not sure how it goes at 50, I don't shoot anything that requires it.

Seems to work best with CCI minimags but I haven't tried anything else for quite some time. I bought some regular ammo today to test out for next weekend now that it's worn in a bit.

The best part is that it works on my match STI trojan without changing anything and takes about 20 seconds to swap over. Remove slide stop, standard slide then reverse to install.

It won't work with an extended 9mm ejector so that had to be cut down when I used it on my old edge which wasn't a big deal.

20151121_101032_zpscrkqqsqt.jpg

Got to try out a ransom rest at 50 yards today. It shot a lot better with the 22 conversion than the 38 super ammo. :(

CCI standard.

20160219_105815_zps1jfm3912.jpg

CCI Minimags

20160219_105332_zpshiajvxsf.jpg

Well, I got in touch with Nic at Taylor Tactical. Installed his modified guide rod that lets the slide cycle further back. Also put in another recoil spring. I polished the rails, and all the internals, also. Got some base pads to help jr. seat the mags easier. We've been using Blazer and it's been AWESOME.

Edited by TJART

• 1 month later...

This thread convinced me to get a conversion kit for my 1911/2011. I went with an older Marvel Unit 1 with1911 magazines. The slide does not lock back on this unit.

I'd also like to use it with my 2011. Marvel charges $63 per mag. Nelson Custom has a special for $30 per magazine. Has anyone tried the Nelson Custom mags with the Marvel units?

Edited by vtecpaoche