Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Normal wear?

Shmella

Should I be concerned with this? I just picked up this limited gun supposed to be a millennium custom 40 limited gun with infinity slide and ultimatch barrel. This is supposed to have 10 to 15,000 rounds on it. My only other gun to compare this to doesnt have as many rounds through it so I don't know if this is normal wear or something to be concerned about. Is this normal hard chrome pitting?? Lock up still seems super tight and the slide to frame fit is very tight.

post-55741-0-27140700-1453604414_thumb.j

post-55741-0-63849800-1453604435_thumb.j

Is the barrel the same age as the slide and what do the lugs on the barrel look like? If the lugs are starting to round off there is a problem and it will eventually take some expensive parts to fix it.....ask me how I know.

Any highly visible round and chipping of the lug area indicates an issue. Some kind of engagement/disengagement issue. Have a qualified smith check it out while there is still material to work with.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

The guy who allegedly put it together is From what I've read, one of the best out there so If I can get in touch with him I don't think anyone else would be a better person to look at it. Thanks for the advice though all and any input is welcome :)