Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

WANTED N330

ghost21

Just received an email response from a tech at Lapua.

I sent him an e-mail asking about the VV powder situation and now that we are seeing many of the VV powders come back to store shelves. I ask him about N330.

In the first response, he told me that their importer has not as yet added N330 to the list of powders that they will import. And asked that I check back frequently to see if there is any change.

In my second e-mail to him, I asked did the importer stop bringing N330 into the country? He responded that at the time of the big powder hunt. that they changed importers and that the new importer has not added N330 to the list of what they call the most popular powders.

My question is ? How does everyone feel about N300 as a powder for 9.40.45? I know that most if not everyone of us have found a suitable powder that will replace VV N330 But I would like to see it come back as an option to powders I already use in 9,40,45.

I was and will be my favorite go to powder ,especially for 9mm. Even though I have since went to N340 or titegroup!

If anyone wants the guys e-mail at Lapua ,Id be happy to provide it!

Jeff

Ironically I bought a few 4#'ers a bit ago, at the time most pistol powders were difficult to find.... and ironically priced higher (per pound) then what I paid for the 4#'ers of Viht.

Now that things have stabilized a little, that isn't the case any longer.

We got ya a-matt, no worries mate!

~g

I would like to see N330 again. MG 124 JHP 4.4gn of N330 OAL 1.100 AV 1029 ES 20 SD 7 1" group at 15yards

Did they say who the importer is?

photo-2.jpg

No he didn't! I would like to know who it is, But I guess they cant divulge that!

I use to print groups like that al the time out of a G34! Rem 147gr match ,with 3.7grs N330,Dont remember FPS but was the softest load I shot out of the G34

Edited by ghost21

I would like to see N330 again. MG 124 JHP 4.4gn of N330 OAL 1.100 AV 1029 ES 20 SD 7 1" group at 15yards

Did they say who the importer is?

No he didn't! I would like to know who it is, But I guess they cant divulge that!

It's no secret, the importer in the US is Hodgdon, it is noted on their website for that matter:

http://www.vihtavuori.com/en/distributors.html

Try some Universal, burns clean, accuracy is as good as VV in my STI 9mm's and 38 Supers. I used 320, 330 and Universal in some chrono sessions and found that at 5 grains of each the SD was lowest with 330 then 320 and finally Universal. Out of my Bianchi 38 Super they all shot under 2" at 50 yards with 115 Zero's or 115 HAP. Availability can be a bit patchy but it is better than 330 !

Try some Universal, burns clean, accuracy is as good as VV in my STI 9mm's and 38 Supers. I used 320, 330 and Universal in some chrono sessions and found that at 5 grains of each the SD was lowest with 330 then 320 and finally Universal. Out of my Bianchi 38 Super they all shot under 2" at 50 yards with 115 Zero's or 115 HAP. Availability can be a bit patchy but it is better than 330 !

How about price? Id give it a try, Since I cant get N330 I have since moved on to titegroup and N340 for 9 and 40. Mainly because I have it on hand!

Just received this e-mail form Hodgdon, regarding N330 being imported!

The question goes to VV. They should know that, for some reason unknown to me, we do not import N330, We do list N310, N320, N340, N350 but N330 is not a powder on our import sheet. In regard to VV powders, we are really at their mercy. If they do not ship us anything, we have nothing. Whatever we get, we sell.

Mike Daly

Hodgdon Family of Fine Propellants

Hodgdon Smokeless Powder

IMR Powder Company

Winchester Smokeless Propellants

GOEX Blackpowder

In the first post, I talked about the e-mails I have received from the VV rep ,The VV rep. Is stating that its up to the importer to decide weather to bring in N330, or not! According to what I received form Hodgdon its up to Lapua to decide it, to put it on the import list or not. So who's telling the truth? I do not know ,But it very interesting that one says him the other says they.

Guess IM going to have to do more research!\

Let all of you know what I find out!

Edited by ghost21

How about price? Id give it a try, Since I cant get N330 I have since moved on to titegroup and N340 for 9 and 40. Mainly because I have it on hand!
Graf and Son have 4lbs for about $80.....and it is in stock.

Kind of like the last little reduction, 7625, pb, and 4756, who's to take the blame? I would put my money on Hodgdon.

I am trying to support other powder companies that has no Hodgdon fingerprints on them so no one company controls the reloaders.

Sorry just my little rant

Edited by GJGary

Graf and Son have 4lbs for about $80.....and it is in stock.

No N330 only 340,350

Kind of like the last little reduction, 7625, pb, and 4756, who's to take the blame? I would put my money on Hodgdon.

I am trying to support other powder companies that has no Hodgdon fingerprints on them so no one company controls the reloaders.

Sorry just my little rant

I hear what your saying Gary! It is bad when they wont even support the guys who made them all the money!