Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello from AZ

drogers302

Hello, I am new to this forum. Ran across this forum while researching the reloading scene. I've been shooting for 20yrs and have long thought about reloading and never took action until now. I recently purchased my first reloader. A Dillon 550. Needed a new hobby and thought this would be a good way to get out and shoot more often and become more consistent while learning something new. Will be focusing on reloading for handguns primarily and moving into rifle as I progress. Plan on reloading 9mm first. Once I've become familiar with 9mm, then on to .380 ACP then .40 S&W then on to .223 and other's. The one thing I am having a hard time selecting is a scale. I've read many pros and cons regarding precision. I am leaning towards the Gempro 250 as it reads to hundreths (.010) of a grain due to the light powder load required any input would be appreciated

• 3 weeks later...

welcome, man i miss AZ... I just picked up a new scale off Amazon for about $60 that is nice, has a wall plug so battery life is never an issue, and reads accurate enough, .1 is enough, when i am getting started for a session or changing powder charges i measure one drop to make sure it is in the ball park then measure 10x drops to make sure it is right where i need it to be. Might be excessive but it is working for me and i know that it is avg 5.10 not 5.15gr and showing 5.1 again though not sure that .05 is making a big differnce, what i am getting with WST is .1gr = 1-1.5 PF, i've only been loading about a year, so definitely test on your own, but i wouldnt worry about the scale as much. get a good chrono instead

Edited by evilbeef54