Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon vs Lee dies for 40 s&w

Wanting to get opinions on 40 dies before making final buy. Dillon or Lee. I have Dillon dies for 45 for 650. Lee does have the easier adjustment turn knobs for bullet seating and crimp while Dillon you have to loosen nut to adjust. Seems to me Dillon dies are nicer but y'all tell me what everybody using. I just starting to load 40 for uspsa limited for a new pistol I just bought. Just want the best for comp ammo.

Honestly use the ones you like and feel comfortable with. I have Dillon, RCBS, Hornady and Lee. Hornady is my least favorite. Now for the 40 I have used the same Dillon dies since 1995. I like them very much and I don't find them any more difficult or easy to change than the others.

I think I am gonna get the Redding grx die and process all my 40 brass on single stage first. Don't mind the extra step. I really like the Dillon dies just wanted some opinions. With the grx die then running in 650 sigh Dillon dies I'll be alright.

I think I am gonna get the Redding grx die and process all my 40 brass on single stage first. Don't mind the extra step. I really like the Dillon dies just wanted some opinions. With the grx die then running in 650 sigh Dillon dies I'll be alright.

Lee makes a undersize die for resizing. (U Die)

Edited by UncleTK

I been using Lee in 40 S&W for years and the last year on XL 650 they work great and they take care of the Glock bulge.

The only thing I did different for them on the 650 I have to use Dilon die lock thing on the bottom of the die plate to adjust them to where the need to be for full sizing the brass.