Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Incredibles

I didn't see The Incredibles, but there are a lot of good (some Very Good) animated movies. Particularly japanese anime movies.

Check out:

Spirited Away

Possible suitable for children, although there is some violence.

Akira

A very interesting but messed up plot. Very violent, not for children. Read the manga if you can.

Metropolis

A master piece. Unique style. Somewhat violent, though not much. HIGHLY recommended.

Ghost In The Shell

Futuristic cyborg thriller. Philosofy and psychology driven plot. Violence and non sexual nudity.

Princess Mononoke

A fairy tale gone wrong. Beatiful visual style and soundtrack. It has some gruesome scenes.

Jin Roh

Alternate era thriller. Post WWII Japan. Elite team member facing some psychological/morality problems while in the middle of a war between the government and a rebel faction. Cool Nazi uniform based armor and MG42 action. Thick Plot.

Ninja Scroll

Well... Ninjas and their cool superhuman tricks... :ph34r: Ultra violent, nudity, sex, and attempted rape. Definitely NOT for kids.

Just to suggest a few... :)

My 2 year old daughter loves it so much she plays it everyday, all through the day, over a week. That's after she did the same for shrek 1 and 2, shark's tale, bug's life, etc. Now she's discovering some disney classics...oh my, I think I need to buy another dvd player for myself. :o

The part where the little boy was running for his life from the bad guys and come up on the water so quick he didnt have time to stop, got worried a bit, then realized he could run on water he was moving so fast. LOL, the look on his face!.... :D

I love the Pixar flicks! There's a big "geek" factor, of course, since its all done on computer. But... they remind me of a cross between Disney features, and Warner Bros cartoons from "the good old days". There's a decent story, with plot twists, etc, and just enough inuendo that there are some jokes the kids don't necessarily get, but the adults do.

I haven't seen much anime, but the stuff I have has been good...