Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Analyze my recoil control video

Trevor300wsm

After reading all 14 pages of the recoil control thread, I came to the conclusion that I was not gripping the pistol hard enough. I'm still not sure that I am. Im trying to learn as much as possible here and I've been practicing a lot (for the past two weeks) since I decided I'd like to get better at properly shooting/controlling the gun. I think I have a ways to go. I used a much firmer grip today, kept the shoulders relaxed (to a degree) and elbows more out than in. Double taps were considerably better, but still not as tight as I'd like them to be. I was shooting at 12 yards on a full size target. Would some of you please take a look at this video and see if you can determine anything from it. It still looks like the gun has too much flip. It does settle back on target for me better than it has been however. This is with factory 9mm Speer Lawman 115gr ammo. I have some 147gr HP coming from Freedom to try also.

Any tips, criticism, or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Trevor300wsm

• 2 weeks later...

Looks pretty good to me ...

If you reload, you can probably get less "flip" from a heavier bullet,

at the same power factor.

I'm not sure what the PF is for the 147 Freedoms. :cheers:

They claim avg velocity of 900fps for pf of 132 on the 147gr HP Reman

The heavier bullet should shoot somewhat softer than the 115gr. Reloading is your best friend in this case