Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Subcompact slide on compact grip?

BASE772

Cool.

Still wish Sig would offer a thumb safety Model for the carry sizes.

But seriously leaning toward the re-released P225-A1. Can't wait to get one in my hand. Has a thinner grip than my 1911's.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Cool.

But seriously leaning toward the re-released P225-A1. Can't wait to get one in my hand. Has a thinner grip than my 1911's.

Thanks

They had thumb safety models on display at SHOT Show.

Cool.

Thanks

Really? Was it just for Military and Police?

Cool.

Thanks

No, this one will be hitting the civilian market sometime this quarter. I only saw Compact models but suspect full size would be available as well.

I think this will help with compliance in some states, but also there seems to be a demand from some of the carry crowd to have this additional safety measure for reassurance.

I took one apart. It looks like the mod is just in the FCU and two new vertical slices in the grip module. I suspect the slides are unchanged.

Cool.

Thanks

No, this one will be hitting the civilian market sometime this quarter. I only saw Compact models but suspect full size would be available as well.

I think this will help with compliance in some states, but also there seems to be a demand from some of the carry crowd to have this additional safety measure for reassurance.

I took one apart. It looks like the mod is just in the FCU and two new vertical slices in the grip module. I suspect the slides are unchanged.

In addition to what Alma said, I also suspect they are competing in the Army's new handgun search, and an external safety is a requirement.

Great news about the thumb safety.

Haven't heard much lately on he military's MHS Program. Last I heard the P320 was doing well. Only put about 8000 rounds through a 320 so far but I'd take it to war.

I think the submission deadlines for the FBI and MHS were sometime towards the end of this month.

Actually, the base pad that was on the Target model was referred to as the FBI base pad. I noted in the RFP that the FBI wanted the base pad to extend some specified distance in front of the magwell.

I assume SIG must have made other small tweaks to assure that it was meeting the letter of the RFP as much as possible. Who knows how long the competition will take and it's hard to believe that there won't be a bid protest but I can't wait to see the results.

I was thinking of going with the subcompact with a compact magazine for ccw. Interesting, you did basically the opposite... Makes some sense in that when I have carried my full size, its the grip and magazine that potentially stick out/ print... hmmm.

Edited by usa259

It would and the gun would still function but you are left with a gap under the slide where the recoil spring is visible when using a full size slide on a subcompact grip. For best results you should use a full size or Compact grip and cut it down to fit subcompact magazines.

It would and the gun would still function but you are left with a gap under the slide where the recoil spring is visible when using a full size slide on a subcompact grip. For best results you should use a full size or Compact grip and cut it down to fit subcompact magazines.

alma is spot on with this. Using a SC frame and FS slide, if anything gets caught in that gap during recoil, the gun would very likely malfunction. Assuming you would be considering this swap for a carry pistol, it would not be a good idea.

• 3 weeks later...

I picked up a compact conversion kit for my P320 and in looking at it, noticed that the Guide Rod Hole in the compact slide is bigger. Anyone know the reasoning?

Pic attached, compact slide is on the left.

post-58796-0-18808800-1455306919_thumb.j

Edited by usa259

I picked up a compact conversion kit for my P320 and in looking at it, noticed that the Guide Rod Hole in the compact slide is bigger. Anyone know the reasoning?

Pic attached, compact slide is on the left.

The Compact and Subcompact use a dual captured spring instead of the simple captured single spring used on the FS. The width may be to accommodate the dual spring system.