Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Combination Limited and 3 Gun STI holster

mont1120

Since I intend to experiment in the Limited division this year (shoot Limited 10 now), has anybody found a competition holster that works well for both the Limited division and still retains the pistol firm enough for use in 3 Gun? Right now I have a Double Alpha race holster for Limited 10, but I don't think I want to use that in 3 Gun for any reason.

I'm pretty leery of 3 gun holsters, last year my Xdm came flying out of my holster on the first stage, happened when I first started running down range, (yes, that forward movement was a form of calorically challenged fast walking), and felt it flip up on my hip and down my back. Disqualified immediately.

To top it off, this is my first year with a double stack, and I'm left handed. I guess us Limited 10 shooters are all messed up. Must have been dropped on my head as a child more then once.

I really like my

Safariland Duty Gear 578 7TS Pro-Fit GLS Med Frame Long Slide Multi-Fit Right Hand Holster, Black

http://www.safariland.com/paddle/model-578-gls-pro-fit-holster-with-paddle-57800.html

http://demandware.edgesuite.net/aaqv_prd/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-tsg-Library/default/dwfa4650b9/product-pdfs/holsters/Safariland_578_Pro-Fit_Fit%20Guide_Owners_Manual%20030215.pdf

good review here:

if I'm not moving at the beginning of a USPSA stage i just don't lock it in. For 3gun i know its not coming loose.

I like the Double Alpha IDPA PDR.. Good retention, rides high and out of the way. After some dry fire work it is as fast as anything for an old guy like me.

http://ads.midwayusa.com/product/268441/double-alpha-idpa-pdr-pro-holster-cz-sp01-kydex-black?cm_mmc=pf_ci_google-_-pf_ci_google-_-pf_ci_google-_-pf_ci_google&gclid=CPnKqqaqmsoCFdKFfgodEFQJqQ

I just bought a Comp Tac International shell on a Ghost hanger to try. I want something a little more versatile than a race holster as well. I have been using an International for my Glocks for a while, so I have all of the belt attachments that I can use with the 2011 as well. We'll see how it works out.

I really like my

Safariland Duty Gear 578 7TS Pro-Fit GLS Med Frame Long Slide Multi-Fit Right Hand Holster, Black

if I'm not moving at the beginning of a USPSA stage i just don't lock it in. For 3gun i know its not coming loose.

How do you not lock it in? just rest it in the holster?

I really like my

How do you not lock it in? just rest it in the holster?

correct. trigger guard is still covered

I went though this a couple of months ago... I bought one of the Blade-tech DOH holsters. It's a nice basic holster and it's so popular it has it's own "aftermarket" products like the BOSS holster hanger. :D

I like that there are no tricks, locks or levers, the gun secure and protected. It's also pretty flexible - limited or 3 gun...and I guess if you take the DOH piece out you can use it for IDPA - at least I read that you could. I can never figure out the IDPA rules! :surprise::roflol:

Edited by Chutist