Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ts grips vs witness limited.

yz125mm700

I'm in the market for a new gun. I had the chance to fondle a witness limited the other day and it feels perfect in my hand. I would pull the trigger on it but it seems like there is a lack of aftermarket support for it, which leads me to the cz tactical sport. Problem is I have never handled one and would have to order it sight unseen. The pictures make them look very similar and I know the witness is a clone, so do think they feel/fit your hand the same? Would it be safe to assume if the witness feels good the ts would as well? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Limited is similar front to back, but the TS feels significantly wider side-to-side to me, though I don't know what width grip panels were on the limited I handled.

I was afraid of that. I was hoping I'd here they are identical. Lol.

The TS is slightly wider, but with thin grips it will get you there. The Limited has way sharper checkering, the TS is very waffle iron. Here's my full comparison:

I have the Limited and the TS so I can tell you each has it's advantages and it's drawbacks.

TS Strengths:

-sub 2# trigger out of the box

-with CZC springs/followers/base pads mags hold 21 reloadable with no fuss

-solid, heavy tight gun

-fixed rear sight makes a great place to rack the slide

TS Weaknesses:

-cheesy waffle iron checkering on frame

-cycles best with SAAMI length rounds with jacketed/plated bullets (most lead bullets must be loaded really short and take some work to make reliable)

-cheesy plastic mag well

EAA Limited Strengths:

-aggressive checkering on front and rear strap

-adjustable rear sight (if you like them)

-dead sexy looks :wub:

-drilled and tapped for thumb rest/optics

-eats a variety of loads/bullets/lengths (can even use 10mm mags and load longer than 1.2")

EAA Limited Weaknesses:

-4#+ trigger out of the box

-20 rounds with Henning pads/springs/followers (21 if tuned)

-slightly less cheesy aluminum factory mag well (Henning's is much better)

I go back and forth on which I like better :wacko:

The TS is slightly wider, but with thin grips it will get you there. The Limited has way sharper checkering, the TS is very waffle iron. Here's my full comparison:

I have the Limited and the TS so I can tell you each has it's advantages and it's drawbacks.

TS Strengths:

-sub 2# trigger out of the box

-with CZC springs/followers/base pads mags hold 21 reloadable with no fuss

-solid, heavy tight gun

-fixed rear sight makes a great place to rack the slide

TS Weaknesses:

-cheesy waffle iron checkering on frame

-cycles best with SAAMI length rounds with jacketed/plated bullets (most lead bullets must be loaded really short and take some work to make reliable)

-cheesy plastic mag well

EAA Limited Strengths:

-aggressive checkering on front and rear strap

-adjustable rear sight (if you like them)

-dead sexy looks :wub:

-drilled and tapped for thumb rest/optics

-eats a variety of loads/bullets/lengths (can even use 10mm mags and load longer than 1.2")

EAA Limited Weaknesses:

-4#+ trigger out of the box

-20 rounds with Henning pads/springs/followers (21 if tuned)

-slightly less cheesy aluminum factory mag well (Henning's is much better)

I go back and forth on which I like better :wacko:

Nice thanks. I tried a search but for some reason it always says no results found no matter what I search for.

So it's pretty much a toss up then..

Get a grip reduction and the TS is not much wider than a shadow. I've never seen a tanfo anything but if I wouldn't have gotten the reduction on my TS it would be hard to shoot.

I have a ts on the way. Who did you have do your grip reduction? Cz custom?

CZ Custom sells thin Al grips for the TS that reduce the width by 1/10".

Are the aluminum grips cz-usa.com also thin? Part number 19091 they didn't say anything about being in thinner, I was just wondering if the aluminum ones are automatically assumed to be thinner?

Get a grip reduction and the TS is not much wider than a shadow. I've never seen a tanfo anything but if I wouldn't have gotten the reduction on my TS it would be hard to shoot.

I have a ts on the way. Who did you have do your grip reduction? Cz custom?

Automatic accuracy did mine but I would try czc too. I chose AA because their closer to me than czc and I figured I'd get it back sooner.

I can shoot both fairly well. The Limited has the nicer grip,especially when paired with original style Henning grips. The thing I do not like about the TS is the width of the beaver tail. It just doesn't fit my hand like a Tanfo, or an SP-01. The stock trigger is incredible on the TS, though. If you have small hands, I don't think the TS will work without grip reduction.