Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Star 32 auto help

Dirtchevy841

Just received a surprise Xmas present from my dad today. My paw paw old star 32 auto mini pistol. Want to clean surface rust and other parts good. Don't want to harm finish or anything. What to use to clean it not to create damage. Will take completely apart clean and re oil. Any ideas.

Got a late Xmas gift from my dad. It was my paw paw star 32 auto mini 1911 never new he had it. I want to clean it up really well. Just wondering what not to do as far as finish etc. some surface rust. What can I use to clean the outside of the gun. Insides I am gonna clean real good and flitz some parts. Maybe polish the barrel hood and extractor being it looks like it is already polished just full with age. Any help appreciated.

Smith pm me to use brass wool. Never new they made that but it's at Home Depot. Headed out to get some. Gun completely broken down and sitting in safari Charlie. Boy was it dirty and smelled like old motor oil in the inside. Only thing I couldn't get out is the firing pin. It's really free so no biggie. You have to drift the sight over a little to get to pin holding the firing pin in but couldn't get it to budge so I left it alone. Don't want to bang on it to hard and screw it up. This mini 1911 is very cool. Can't wait to get it out in the back yard to try out.

Thanks flatland. Ordered some today. Have everything cleaned and lightly oiled. Polished intervals and barrel hood and extractor. Everything that was originally polished. Wish I could add pics but my damn phone is not loading the pics up on post.

This is a star SI 32 auto. If any smiths out there know these little 1911 can you tell me if the slide should lock open after last round. Can't find info on that and star website doesn't have it and they are not taking emails. Mine does not lock open maybe it doesn't. Any help.