Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

help on holster for railed STIs

chuffysplace

I shoot mainly steel challenge and an occasional 3 gun match, and also an occasional night match. I currently shoot production for steel challenge but was considering buying a STI with a rail, either the tactical or the Marauder in 9 mm and then shoot limited steel challenge and also use it for 3 gun. Question on the holster - if I buy a holster that can hold the pistol with a light on the rail, can I use the same holster without the light on the gun or will the gun not fit in that holster correctly? I'm wondering if one holster can do it all for me. Also, can anyone make a good recommendation for a holster for 3 gun for a tactical or Marauder? I want to make sure I have something that has good retention, so that I keep things nice and safe (and do not get DQ'd) !!!! Thanks.

Any of the holsters for the long dust cover(LDC) 2011's like the Edge would work for the railed guns too.

(I might even have a spare BT if you're interested...)

This was not the case with Safariland. I've still yet to find a Safariland holster that will work with a railed 2011. It is a CKA frame, not sure if that is the issue or not. They've sent me 3 holsters, none of them have fit. First was for a LDC 2011, Second a Railed 1911, Third was a SDC 2011.

Any of the holsters for the long dust cover(LDC) 2011's like the Edge would work for the railed guns too.

(I might even have a spare BT if you're interested...)

This was not the case with Safariland. I've still yet to find a Safariland holster that will work with a railed 2011. It is a CKA frame, not sure if that is the issue or not. They've sent me 3 holsters, none of them have fit. First was for a LDC 2011, Second a Railed 1911, Third was a SDC 2011.

Try a QLS long holster, They are pretty reasonably price like under $50, they grab the trigger guard.

Even a STI 1911 is REAL tight in a Safariland ALS holster, but my Springfields fit perfect in them.