Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Custom 9mm I3 Gold Team

kneelingatlas

I'm enjoying this pistol so much I think it deserves it's own thread!

_20151107_092416_zps0uvx3wkv.jpg

Chambered in 9mm, stroked by 0.200", (3) 5/32" holes angled back ten degrees from vertical, Cheely CMore mount, slide lightened by 1.7oz, overall weight of 43.5oz.

It shot flawlessly this weekend:

I temporarily drifted in a slide racker for the match, but future plans include a ball detent, some trigger work, modification of the firing pin stop plate, and tuning the big stick for a few more rounds.

Atlas, I've noticed on most (all) of the Tanfoglio open guns that I've seen on the forum that the shooters don't mill the rear of the slide like on most every 2011 open gun - Is there a soecific reason for this? Or just different trends for different platforms?

Honestly I don't think many people reducing slide weight put much thought into it besides aesthetics, I know I didn't the first time.

This thread by CHA-LEE really resonated with me: http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=183028&view=&hl=&fromsearch=1

Also, Tanfo slides cut for LPA rear sights don't have as much metal in the rear as a 1911 to begin with.

But there isn't anything about the construction of the slide that would prohibit one from having the rear milled flat like on most 2011s, correct?

ETA: I'll admit, it's more of an aesthetic thing for me, too - Something just looks "cleaner" overall about the smooth rear of a 2011 open gun over the bare metal where the rear sight used to be on a Tanfoglio...

Edited by Rudukai13

But there isn't anything about the construction of the slide that would prohibit one from having the rear milled flat like on most 2011s, correct?

ETA: I'll admit, it's more of an aesthetic thing for me, too - Something just looks "cleaner" overall about the smooth rear of a 2011 open gun over the bare metal where the rear sight used to be on a Tanfoglio...

Like this one?

_20150904_200028_zpsm8x2t9a7.jpg