Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rear sight options for Elite Limited

cakedog02

The Harrison Design & Consulting Rear 1911 LPA Fixed rear Sight is offered with a squared and U notch rear notch.

That looks like an interesting option. I'm currently running the CZ TS fixed rear on my Stock II, but the notch is quite wide...

I have the CZ Champion rear sight on my CTS slide and the notch is only .110" wide.

The fixed TS rear was something like .145 or wider and it was a bit too tall.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Edited by himurax13

• 3 weeks later...

The Harrison Design & Consulting Rear 1911 LPA Fixed rear Sight is offered with a squared and U notch rear notch.

Those look like nice sights. I'm intrigued by the u-notch - I've only ever shot square notches. Have you installed one of them or seen one installed on a Tanfo? Just curious if they take lots of fitting/filing to work.

I ended up being able to buy a Henning LPA style rear sight from J&L gunsmithing for my limited pistol. Luckily, they had one left in stock from back when Henning produced them. Unfortunately, I've liked it so much I wish I could buy one for my Stock II. Jim at J&L is going to call Henning to see if he'd make another batch. Hopefully, the answer is yes. If anyone else is interested this might be the time to let Henning or Jim know.

Hmm, I figured any LPA cut sight should fit the limited slide. It looks like the adjustable sights from the 1911 and Tac Sport.

I use the u notch on my glocks and 1911's

Edited by himurax13

Hmm, I figured any LPA cut sight should fit the limited slide. It looks like the adjustable sights from the 1911 and Tac Sport.

I use the u notch on my glocks and 1911's

What are your thoughts/feedback on the u-notch rear sights?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I flied the CZ TS fixed rear to fit...

I thought about about doing this but didn't know if it would be feasible. How much did you have to file off the CZ sight to fit it to your Tanfoglio?

~.012"

I'm a total idiot, can you possibly show on a pic or drawing, where you filed?

That looks like an interesting option. I'm currently running the CZ TS fixed rear on my Stock II, but the notch is quite wide...
What width and height front sight do your pair with the CZ TS fixed rear sight on your Stock II? Does it work with the Tanfoglio factory fiber optic sight which is 0.140" tall? Edited by cakedog02

I used a 6mm front, it's the tallest front which came with my Hunter and I shaved a mm or two off the rear to make it work.

I guess that means the stock Tanfo FO front sight won't work since its 0.140" which is approximately 3.6mm tall. What brand and type of front sight did you use? Recommended width?

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

Edited by cakedog02

What width and height front sight do your pair with the CZ TS fixed rear sight on your Stock II? Does it work with the Tanfoglio factory fiber optic sight which is 0.140" tall?
That will be hard to judge. I will be purchasing the rear, firing a few groups with it at 25 yards, and calculate the necessary front sight from that.