Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz checkmate?

Mlussoro

Since i sold my tang been looking for a new shooter, came across a Cz check in my local impact guns, beautiful gun feels awsome comes with mags etc etc... Cheap too was bout to pull trigger( no pun) asked around everyones saying they wont hold up, barrels break and dont buy! Can i get some input from guys who know these shooters?

I bought mine end of june & put close to 10k rounds of a mix of minor and major (with comp) thru the same barrel with no breakage. I recently removed the comp/red to make it into a limited gun and shot an additional 2k rounds with the SAME barrel, with no breakage. No other changes/mod have been made to it other than 13# hammer spring. I dont know why other owners guns are breaking but Its been a solid pistol for me. Been reliable/accurate and the trigger is awesome. I have a buddy who also owns one and has had no issues with barrels breaking or any other problems...

Thank u for your input, one other question, i t comes with 4 mags, did urs come with extra barrels as well ? And might i ask price u paid?

I bought mine new so it came with extra barrel and long stick. paid 3k shipped.

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought mine yesterday. I paid 2950 online after shipping. I have put a LOT of rounds through my Tactical Sports, which the CM is based on, with nothing but reliability and durability. It's (in part) what convinced me to buy the CM. So far, the fit and finish is unbelievably good, and I'm surprised by how much better it is even than the Tactical Sports (and that's a fantastic gun).

I have read that CZ addressed the barrel issues that some of the first CM's had, enough so to convince me to buy one. I guess it depends on how new/old the model is. Plus, it comes with an extra barrel, so if you had issues I have no doubt you could run your spare barrel while you send the other back for warranty if something really went wrong. I haven't had any warranty issues with CZ personally, but my best friend dealt with them over an issue with his P-09 and they took VERY good care of him.

Read this thread I started, I got a lot of good feedback about the platform (and comparing it to others): http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=225937&hl=

• 4 years later...

So far my Checkmate runs fine, not saying that means everyone else is lying or restating internet read articles and issues.

Round count at +/-10K

Came with x2 barrels, 

* Of note,

- x2 magazines have stopped locking to rear on last round. 

- Difficult to get front sight/rear site aftermarket sizes correct, In attempts to get a more visible front/rear when playing around in limited form, I've ordered twice and messed up twice

with round impact being 8 inches then 4 inches low. (was my bad on ordering wrong height sights) 

- Although a small critique, my trigger  has a tad bit of side to side wobble

Positive notes: Nice trigger, that trigger is constant using trigger pull gauge! Very consistent

3 hours ago, buckyjames1 said:

So far my Checkmate runs fine, not saying that means everyone else is lying or restating internet read articles and issues.

Round count at +/-10K

Came with x2 barrels, 

* Of note,

- x2 magazines have stopped locking to rear on last round. 

- Difficult to get front sight/rear site aftermarket sizes correct, In attempts to get a more visible front/rear when playing around in limited form, I've ordered twice and messed up twice

with round impact being 8 inches then 4 inches low. (was my bad on ordering wrong height sights) 

- Although a small critique, my trigger  has a tad bit of side to side wobble

Positive notes: Nice trigger, that trigger is constant using trigger pull gauge! Very consistent

Have you shot any factory 9mm minor ammo through it with the comp? 

2 hours ago, Eli_a said:

If I’m shooting a non-USPSA match and there is no Major Power Factor advantage, I shoot factory Sellier & Bellot 115 grain with the comp and a nine pound recoil spring. I’ve put thousands of them through the gun. They’re cheap and I’ve been really happy with them in the Czechmate. 

22 hours ago, RCFL said:

If I’m shooting a non-USPSA match and there is no Major Power Factor advantage, I shoot factory Sellier & Bellot 115 grain with the comp and a nine pound recoil spring. I’ve put thousands of them through the gun. They’re cheap and I’ve been really happy with them in the Czechmate. 

Nice, that’s exactly what I wanted to know. I like to do falling steel or steel challenge and cheap 9mm is easy to find these days. Can you tell a difference comp performance with 9mm minor and major ? 

3 hours ago, Eli_a said:

Nice, that’s exactly what I wanted to know. I like to do falling steel or steel challenge and cheap 9mm is easy to find these days. Can you tell a difference comp performance with 9mm minor and major ? 

The dot returns very quickly with both rounds. I don’t reload so I’m using Everglades Ammo for 9 major. I used to put in a ten pound spring for major but I decided I like the nine pound better, so now I just leave it in there for both. 

• 1 year later...
On 3/5/2020 at 6:26 PM, Eli_a said:

I have shot numerous factory ammo 115, 124, 148s.

Surprisingly, it feeds, ejects, cycles with no problems, with the comp on.

And by factory, I mean manufacture stated velocities, 1050-1180 fps "range ammo" types.

I have used some of the black hills higher velocity and in both Comped/standard set up, the CZ tamed those loads nicely

Only issue I have is x2 of the magazines wont lock to rear on last empty mag.

Didn't start out that way but you know the deal, dropping mags on hard surfaces = gonna have an issue sometime. 

I think all the mags could use a tune.

Problem is, Im shooting in CO division and due to the fact that current job involves instructing on the P320, my personal P320 gets all the attention

QUESTION:

At what round count are you guys replacing recoil springs?

Or is it ...waiting until the spring wears out?

Edited by buckyjames1

• 2 weeks later...