Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Almost - and actually - shooting props with my rifle. I'm a girl

AlphaCharis

...I'm a girl - I get a pass, right?

So.... this was from my second multi-gun match - we had to shoot from behind this barricade thing. During the entire walk-through I did not once think about how skinny the port was... skinnier than my rifle was tall - lol

And again... whoops! I'll just blame it on the stage designer!

Edited by AlphaCharis

At a rifle match, we had the MD put a .223 hole next to one of the low ports. It often confuses people when the RO yells "muzzle," and the shooter is thinking "What? I'm nowhere near the 180. It's almost impossible to break the 180 on these standards."

Edited by thermobollocks

Nope, no passes on being a girl. I believe everyone who has shot a rifle in competition has put a round or two through something they shouldn't. Sight height over bore has gotten me a few times. I usually catch the shower of splinters in my scope letting me know the error I made, however there are no splinters flying when you crease the metal when shooting over a car. Just a target with no hits. Thankfully it was just a range junker already full of holes.

At a rifle match, we had the MD put a .223 hole next to one of the low ports. It often confuses people when the RO yells "muzzle," and the shooter is thinking "What? I'm nowhere near the 180. It's almost impossible to break the 180 on these standards."

Hahaha! Totally! That's probably what I would've been thinking if I had heard a muzzle call lol

Nope, no passes on being a girl. I believe everyone who has shot a rifle in competition has put a round or two through something they shouldn't. Sight height over bore has gotten me a few times. I usually catch the shower of splinters in my scope letting me know the error I made, however there are no splinters flying when you crease the metal when shooting over a car. Just a target with no hits. Thankfully it was just a range junker already full of holes.

I'm glad I'm not the only one! Hopefully this will be a lesson learned and won't catch any splinters in the future or shoot up my car haha

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is rather helpful. I never actually thought about this. LOL Now i know what to look for before starting a match with barricades such as this one

Yes! I was totally laughing at myself for being totally taken back that I couldn't see my sights and how I didn't pay attention to how far my sights were above my barrel. I'm glad my FAIL can help someone else out in the future :)