Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jm pro vs m3k

Cody_2130

What all comes with moa's m3000? They don't give any real info on their site

The reason we don't have a lot of specific info on the site is because every gun is essentially a custom build. If I recall correctly we have only put together one shotgun with the "standard" package in the last 3 or 4 months. Nearly everyone adds a recoil pad, or sights, or lefty or Double-head safety. We try to tailor each build to the customer, with the basic package as a starting point. Also, there are subtle differences starting with an M3k vs M3000 etc, which are difficult to convey on the website.

We have several JMPs at our club and I've seen all them have feeding and extracting issues. I bought a new M3000 at the start of the season and then soon added many parts from MOA in the first month. I initially had extraction issues until I replaced the extractor with a Benelli part and ran several hundred rounds through it to break it in. I polished the tube and run LIGHT lube and graphite. Then I ran it all season with ZERO malfunctions after I modded it early on. Based on shooting my gun another guy bought one of the new M3K's and he's had nightmares with it. Its been back to Stoeger 3 times and it still jams with Federal ammo. I'd still buy another M3000 if I had it to do over. For the abuse we give our scatterguns in 3G competition the Stoeger is the best priced and most reliable tool for the job in my book. It would make me cringe abusing a Benelli but with the low price point of the M3000 it just doesn't bother me if I get a scratch here or there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have the 930, but bought it before deciding to try 3gun/multigun, so I'd like to make it work if it's not TOO much of a headache. However, during the "multigun safety class" I took, we ran two short stages just to get the procedures down and ... wtf, why are there no shells in the chamber? Two failures to feed. After some research I'm guessing it's the shell stop. ANd also while loading it up ... WTF, where is the skin that used to be on my thumb? LOL!

Still, my focus currently will be to simply run (or walk quickly) through some matches to see if I even like doing it at all. But if I do like it, I'll save up some money for the M2. There have been some pistol matches, and I went to an "Appleseed Project" that just sucked because of unreliability. For the Appleseed, it was my .22 rifle jamming on the clock, and for some USPSA matches, it's been my magazines hanging up in my CZ Grip or the hammer spring being too gamer-y to ignite the primer... I've learned that there is nothing more frustrating than unreliable equipment (and since we're talking guns, at least it's just lost points!!)

I do believe in "buy once cry once", but also in not buying expensive stuff to try out a sport/hobby/game and then finding out you don't like it and having wasted money. (ie; borrowing is a good thing!) But if you get beyond newbie status, you really need to be able to count on your gear so you can focus on your own skill and not your malfunction clearing skills.

IMHO

• 4 weeks later...

I recently went out and tried three gun the other day. I borrowed a friends stock JM Pro 930 and from time to time a shell wouldnt want to feed, it would be halfway in and out of the tube. I have yet to play with a Stoeger M3K, but will be picking one up in a week or 2. The only thing Ill be adding is a Taccom extension tune +6 for now. What they say is right, 3 gun is expensive.