Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

One Shot and a 550

I was having problems with cases sticking in my sizing die (Lee Udie). I never got a good solution, so I put 400 cases in a bag, gave it a couple shots of One Shot Cleaner/Dry Lube and shook the bag. I dumped them and the case feeder and loaded them up. Nothing stuck and everything ran smoother.

One Shot is meant to be a gun lube, not a case lube. I didn't use much. I've run about 100 through the gun and they ran fine. Is there any reason to tumble these to clean them up after loading?

I tumble even when I use one shot. Even a tiny amount of left on lube will attract gunkm, keep your fingers black and dull the case finish over time. I also tumble everything before I gauge it as well. Keeps everything clean and slick

There are 2 one shot products.

What most people are using on cases is the case lube. Can looks almost identical but has black top as mentioned.

I have both the cleaner/dry lube (spray it on my open guns comp) but for cases I use the case lube.

The also make a non aerosol one shot case lube but I've not heard good things.

As I said I use the case lube but no I don't tumble it off.

One Shot is meant to be a gun lube, not a case lube. I didn't use much. I've run about 100 through the gun and they ran fine.

Depends which one you used, One Shot "Gun Cleaner & Dry Lube" or One Shot "Case Lube":

71imFHARtEL._SY355_.jpgpc9991.jpg

Is there any reason to tumble these to clean them up after loading?

Either one I would clean off of loaded rounds.