Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooters Source Shotgun Challenge 2016

So... 2015 has been an exceedingly challenging year for me and as such I am getting a bit of a late start planning the 2016 match. I'm getting back on track though and am pleased to announce that next year's match is on the club schedule for Sat 6/4/2016. We will once again host a one day format with 10 challenging stages with the widest range of shotgun target types I can cram into one match. The name of the game is versatility.

Jeremy Moore from Shooters Source has graciously agreed to title the match again for the 3 year in a row. There are several other return sponsors as well. Rocky Mountain Targets, Eggleston Munitions, Carbon Arms Corp, Strong-Side Tactical

Also for 2016. I'm getting kinda tired of our friends in blue getting beat up all the time. So... we are going to show our appreciation for their hard work by offering up free match entry for all active Law Enforcement Officers.

We will have entry forms posted on the club website on 1/1/2016

Mike

This is a great match to run pump. I know there's people out there who dislike the shotgun part of 3-gun period, and there's match directors out there who basically treat the shotgun as a long pistol. This match puts all of that to bed -- it tests every possible thing the MD can think of doing with a shotgun, and it's a ton of fun.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pulled this from their Facebook Page (2/14/16):

OK gang, thank you for being patient. Work and family demands have greatly increased this year. I was starting to wonder if I would be able to do this match. Some of the more time consuming details have been worked out and we are indeed on in June. We are gonna have to make a couple of changes though. 1st, I had talked about going to a 2 day format, but we are going to stick with what we know and have been successful with. The match will remain a 1 day match. 10 stages in 1 day. 2nd, we are going to use Practiscore for both scoring and for on line registration and self squading.

Stay tuned and we will announce the opening of registration as well as other key information.