Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited Pro in Production

Gdub

If it is on the Production Gun List it is legal how it is configured from the factory. If it isn't on the Production list it isn't legal in Production. Witness Pro is on the list of Production legal guns, so changing the safeties on it would actually probably make it illegal.

USPSA Production Gun List - https://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-NROI-production-gunlist.php

Edited by scottlep

I spoke with an NROI instructor about this when WJMs incident happened.

The rule for the box does have a "buffer dimensions" for the box maker however he stated that the box should have been an approved USPSA box.

How can you say that a wooden box made by god knows who is an approved USPSA box? The Stock II with Ambi safety is on the NROI approved list. IMO if the untouched factory gun doesnt fit then its on the box and not the gun.

Unless Tanfoglio is putting out guns with different tolerance safeties?!

Can anyone confirm if Ben, JJ, and Eric all run the stock ambi safeties on their SIIs that passed Nat Gun Checks?

Stock 2 ambi is not as wide as the "Gold Team" ambi which is what I understand is standard on the Limited Pro. It came on mine, at any rate. I know Ben has the stock safeties on his guns, can't speak to other people. I changed out my Lim Pro's safety for the smaller ambi model so that it would fit in the Production box as well as the IDPA box.

Beyond my comprehension that a specific model in its original configuration is on the APPROVED list and yet not allowed if you cannot close the box. I like the wider ambi-safety on the Limited Pro and shouldn't have to modify it.

I know Ben has the stock safeties on his guns, can't speak to other people. I changed out my Lim Pro's safety for the smaller ambi model so that it would fit in the Production box as well as the IDPA box.

Thanks Twinkie. Furthers my thoughts about a bad box hosing a shooter. Good to know about the limited pro too.

The only thing I can think of is that I believe at some time some lim pros came with the same safeties at the stock II and some with the black oversized ones. Maybe the version with the narrow safeties is the one they considered for the production list?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Take the Strong side safety off.

According to Tanaglio, some Lim Pros only had the safety on one side

And purchase link from EAA shows Lim Pros without Ambi Safeties

http://galleryofguns.com/genie/Default.aspx?item=600315&mfg=European+American+Armory&mdl=Witness+Limited+Pro&cat=1&type=Pistol%3a+Semi-Auto&cal=All&fin=&sit=&zipcode=32920

http://www.tanfoglio.it/uploads/catalog/media/limitedpropdf.pdf

Edited by IronArcher