Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SVI Open gun price check

Combsie

I have a chance to purchase a SVI 38super and before I do I just wanted to make sure I'm not messing up.

I don't know specifics of the build but what I do know is it's 100% SV, unsure of what comp is on it, 1-170mm mag, 3-140mm mags, tri-glide trigger, metal bodied CMore, short dust cover, 95% blued(stainless?) finish. The gun is 11yrs old.

What would be a fair market price? Roundabouts w/o seeing or shooting of course.

you really need to know more details. length of barrel? comp? type of barrel (ie island)? what type of grip (old SV plastic or upgraded with steel)?

what are the mags? are they old SVI mags (worth a premium to some). or just STI tubes?

it could be worth anywhere from $2K right up to $4K.

If I call SVI with the serial, will they be able to give me details/build sheet?

My apologies if these questions are "dumb"/obvious. I'm a noob in the world of Infinity and $2k+ guns and I'm trying to get as much advice as possible before dropping the coin.

If I call SVI with the serial, will they be able to give me details/build sheet?

My apologies if these questions are "dumb"/obvious. I'm a noob in the world of Infinity and $2k+ guns and I'm trying to get as much advice as possible before dropping the coin.

Most likely. I emailed them about my older svi. I gave them the cereal number and they emailed me back the info they had on it. It was a frame kit and the year it sold. That was it.

We will be able to tell you if it was a factory built gun or frame kit and when it was sold. We don't have build sheets from 11 years ago though.

Email info@sviguns.com with your serial number and we can help identify it.

Lee