Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need help on Stock 2 trigger improvement

taco2000

Oh, also, consider if you want the solid CGW trigger pin, when you place your order. The one they sell for the canik works in our Tanfos.

Shoot, I already placed my order. I may have to pay for shipping twice because it would be nice not to need to replace the roll pin anymore.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reset is crisp enough... I really don't notice a huge click in my SVI on reset with a 2 lb trigger, but it has never been a problem as long as the reset is short enough.

Personally I like messing with my triggers. Will it make a difference on the clock? I think the sights move less on my initial DA shot, and it also lightens the first stage of the trigger in SA, which I prefer the feel of. Feels more like my 2011s, so yea I think it could.

BTW: If anyone is still using the stock sear spring, get a CZ sear spring when you order the plunger spring from CGW. It is effectively the same thing as the light one LRA sells. I ordered the two parts in two different shipments, and had to pay shipping twice :angry2:

Oh, also, consider if you want the solid CGW trigger pin, when you place your order. The one they sell for the canik works in our Tanfos.

Would replacing the factory trigger roll pin with a solid cgw pin be considered an external mod for USPSA production division purposes? Just want to be sure I stay within the rules for my Stock II.

Would replacing the factory trigger roll pin with a solid cgw pin be considered an external mod for USPSA production division purposes? Just want to be sure I stay within the rules for my Stock II.

To be honest... I'm still trying to figure that out...

Yeah I use the henning plunger springs. My gold team trigger is sub 2lb but with a pen spring mushy as hell. In fact even the henning spring that comes in his trigger lit was too light for my taste. I bought a bunch to play with and went up 2 steps. Still lighter than factory but gives a nice positive reset. Trigger is stil just under 2lb...

I was at 2 lbs 2 oz with my SA on a Stock 2 beofre the change, haven't re-measured it after the change. Reset seem slightly more crisp.

As I recall, they specifically state pins are allowed.

You're right, not sure why I never though to search the rule book for the word "pin"...

Exchange of minor
EXTERNAL components:
Sights, firing pins, firing pin retainers, pins, extractors and ejectors MAY be replaced with OFM or aftermarket parts.
Now I may have to order me up some of the Henning oversize hammer and sear pins! I was forgetting about those because I wasn't sure of the legality.
Edited by EngineerEli

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2/4/2016 at 2:18 PM, EngineerEli said:

https://cajungunwork...ing-pin-spring/

WHY AREN'T PEOPLE MAKING A BIGGER DEAL OUT OF THIS PLUNGER SPRING?!?!? Put it in a few nights ago, and it dropped my DA pull almost 5 oz and that is coming from a very heavily cut factory plunger spring! (Only 8.5 coils left and both ends removed to allow as many active coils as possible) My DA is now 5lb 5.5oz. I'm pretty darn happy with that, and the trigger pull pressure feels much more linear. SA is down to 2.5 lb and I think I may be pretty much done messing with the trigger pull on my Stock II. Exiting, but kind of sad...

Going to bring this one back from the dead. I recently got a Limited Pro as a back up gun and just to play around with. While doing the trigger job I got the same parts as last time but this time, ordering the same part as before from CGW the reduced power firing pin spring for cz, the OD is larger and no longer fits in the bore in the frame of my limited pro for the plunger!!! I'm pretty annoyed, I sent them an email asking if something had changed or if I just got a bad spring, but never got any reply. Anyone tried using one of these springs in their Tanfo recently? Success or failure? Anyone have any spares of the old ones? I can take a measurement of the dimensions of the spring I received and post them, just to make sure my Lim Pro frame isn't the problem...

1 hour ago, EngineerEli said:

Going to bring this one back from the dead. I recently got a Limited Pro as a back up gun and just to play around with. While doing the trigger job I got the same parts as last time but this time, ordering the same part as before from CGW the reduced power firing pin spring for cz, the OD is larger and no longer fits in the bore in the frame of my limited pro for the plunger!!! I'm pretty annoyed, I sent them an email asking if something had changed or if I just got a bad spring, but never got any reply. Anyone tried using one of these springs in their Tanfo recently? Success or failure? Anyone have any spares of the old ones? I can take a measurement of the dimensions of the spring I received and post them, just to make sure my Lim Pro frame isn't the problem...

Why are you changing the plunger spring? 

5 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

That.

I found there to be a nearly imperceptible improvement in changing the plunger spring, not worth the decrease in reliability.

I run the OEM one with two coils clipped off and it's 100% reliable, but in hindsight I wouldn't have bothered trimming it.

Interesting... I found it to make a BIG difference to weight and pull of the trigger, especially in DA. It's also not that big of a deal, for me at least, to swap out.

3 minutes ago, EngineerEli said:

Read my quote above.

What parts did you install? With the current offerings of parts, there's no need to clip the plunger spring, or replace it. You'll get a better, more reliable trigger with; titan, one piece sear (which you have), bolo, and PD FP and hammer spring.

Edited by SoCalShooter69

26 minutes ago, EngineerEli said:

Interesting... I found it to make a BIG difference to weight and pull of the trigger, especially in DA. It's also not that big of a deal, for me at least, to swap out.

Allow me to clarify:

I found it noticeable when dryfiring at a bench. I found it made little to no difference in live fire practice or during a match when shooting at a higher speed.

I found that a "poor polish" of the plunger, plunger stud, hole in the frame responds with lower DA pull if the plunger spring is weakened.

However,  i also found that a very good plunger assembly polish doesn't gain any improvement from weaker plunger springs and only increases the odds of goofy failures occurring at the worst possible time.