Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Briley vs Carlson choke tubes

jhr1986

Any thoughts on quality or consistency with these two brands? I've got a 24" M2 on the way and want to get some choke tubes for it. I bought the gun specifically for 3 gun so that is where it will be used 95% of the time; I can get a deal on the Carlson's but will spring the extra $$ for Brileys if there is a real difference in performance.

Thinking SK, LM and IM if anyone cares or has thoughts on that as well.

Edited by jhr1986

Briley sells chokes from good to the absolute best. Yes their high, high dollar chokes will pattern better than the Carlsons, their budget priced chokes would be a toss up.

You bring up a good point. Just so we are comparing apples to apples, the tubes I'm looking at at are the plain jane Briley Crio Plus extended and Carlson's Crio Plus Sporting Clays choke tubes.

With my skill level the carlson's have been great. They pattern very consistently and the extended versions make it so easy to change out between stages.

Skill level has very little to do with choosing Carlson chokes. They are very good chokes for 3 gun.

Edited by Pat Miles

I've shot plenty of both in clay games. My opinion Briley patterns better, but only in the tighter restrictions. Wad and shell selection play a bigger role in patterns in the skeet range. I do think they clean up easier. But you won't go wrong with either choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk